Tip us?

guray3411
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] 2 problems about the device

Hello

There are two problems that i need your help

1) About the touch keypad. Please check the images. I dont know how but the keypad got shrinked and now there is an irritating "slide" key which moves the keypad right-left. How can i extend the keypad and remove this needless "slide" key.

2) The energy saving mode of the device sets screen brightness to minimum which makes screen totally dark and renders the device unusable. Is it possible to re-calibrate the min value of brightness ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-11-30-16-03-17.jpg
Views:	808
Size:	155.8 KB
ID:	2476911   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-11-30-16-03-34.jpg
Views:	671
Size:	156.6 KB
ID:	2476912  

tietganFTW
Old
Thanks Meter 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by guray3411 View Post
Hello

There are two problems that i need your help

1) About the touch keypad. Please check the images. I dont know how but the keypad got shrinked and now there is an irritating "slide" key which moves the keypad right-left. How can i extend the keypad and remove this needless "slide" key.

2) The energy saving mode of the device sets screen brightness to minimum which makes screen totally dark and renders the device unusable. Is it possible to re-calibrate the min value of brightness ?
For the touch keypad stated in 1., that is the one handed typing style and u can disable it in settings under locale. Either that or you can just swipe your finger from the "L' key to the "A" key really quick to change it back to the two handed mode.

For the second one, it can be done but you gotta have root access to your phone and know what you are doing with the system files in the device.
Please hit Thanks if my response answered your question or helped you.

Guides:
[GUIDE] What to do if my phone doesn't turn on?

Device: LG Optimus G E975
ROM: CM11 Android 4.4 KitKat
Custom Recovery: PhilZ Touch Recovery

kt-Froggy
Old
Thanks Meter 511
Quote:
Originally Posted by guray3411 View Post
The easiest thing is to just tap the Menu button when you are in the dialer, and check/uncheck "One-nanded operation".

Quote:
By energy saving, do you mean the "Power saver" in the System Settings? If so, the brightness is fully configurable, if you tap on the "Power saver" line item (not on the toggle itself). For example, on my phone it's set to 20% by default (but I never use the power saver, anyway).
Optimus G F180S, tweaked E975 Stock 4.1.2
MeMO Pad HD 7 ME173X, rooted stock 4.2.2

To whom it may concern: STOP nagging about pressing the freakin' Thanks button!!! It is rude, stupid, and annoys the hell out of people. I am not an idiot who needs a huge in-my-face reminder to press it, and I will press it when I feel thankful, not because you asked for it!