5,600,123 Members 42,289 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Battery life ?

Tip us?

Sebz4n
Old
Thanks Meter 31
I had really awesome battery life when I got my phone, almost 48 hours with like 6-7 hours of screen on time.
But now I've used it for a few weeks it hawks 30% in 4-5 hours with less than 1% screen on time, I don't know why!
Current: LG Nexus 5 & LG G Pad 8.3
Retired: Garmin Nüvifone A50, HTC Desire HD, Motorola Defy, Xperia Acro S, HP Touchpad, Galaxy Nexus, Asus TF101, Galaxy S2, Galaxy S3 4G, Lumia 920, Nexus 4, Nexus 10, Surface RT, Surface Pro, Xperia Tablet Z, HTC One, LG G2, Xperia Z1

Steamer86
Old
Thanks Meter 126
Rouge app or service. 3 months in, clean phone, I lose at most .2%/h no use, and that's with GPS and Wi-Fi always active, full sync. With a few minutes of screen time in 5 hours, it's slightly possible I may 1-2% for the total.

revan17
Old
Thanks Meter 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steamer86 View Post
Rouge app or service. 3 months in, clean phone, I lose at most .2%/h no use, and that's with GPS and Wi-Fi always active, full sync. With a few minutes of screen time in 5 hours, it's slightly possible I may 1-2% for the total.
With or without Google Now?

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
LG G2 D802 - running stock 4.4.2.

Steamer86
Old
(Last edited by Steamer86; 28th December 2013 at 10:12 AM.)
Thanks Meter 126
With Google Now and widget on home screen, but location reporting off and search and services installed as user apps.

revan17
Old
Thanks Meter 247
Quote:
With Google Now,but location reporting off and search and services installed as user apps.
Doesn't that make it useless?

I also have them as user services but with reporting on. I can at most get 4h screen time.

Steamer86
Old
(Last edited by Steamer86; 28th December 2013 at 10:19 AM.)
Thanks Meter 126
It does not. I use it for weather, commute traffic, and game info. It updates itself with widget, just not based on location unless it pulls wifi drop to cell. I locate manually if need be with pull down refresh. I can and have gotten over 7hours. The location reporting reports entirely to often and creates too many wakelocks. Wish Google would fix it already. At least give some form of control.

revan17
Old
Thanks Meter 247
Quote:
It does not. I use it for weather and game info. It updates itself with widget, just not based on location unless it pulls wifi drop to cell. I do that manually if need be. I can and have gotten over 7hours. The location reporting reports entirely to often and creates too many wakelocks. Wish Google would fix it already. At least give some form of control.
Just to be clear, you have both location reporting and history set to off?

Steamer86
Old
(Last edited by Steamer86; 28th December 2013 at 10:22 AM.)
Thanks Meter 126
I keep history on. It still saves history when I manually refresh, widget wants to at random times (doesn't happen often), or data coverage changes (like cell data to Wi-Fi).

ebinpissac
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Quick Window case is a villain ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebz4n View Post
I had really awesome battery life when I got my phone, almost 48 hours with like 6-7 hours of screen on time.
But now I've used it for a few weeks it hawks 30% in 4-5 hours with less than 1% screen on time, I don't know why!
Seriously I am experiencing the same issue. Only difference now is that now I use a quickwindow case- dont know how it affects the battery