5,598,086 Members 41,009 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [VZW] VS98012B LTE Connectivity Problem?

Tip us?

ArcSyn
Old
(Last edited by ArcSyn; 24th December 2013 at 03:55 AM.) Reason: Forgot to designate VZW
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Exclamation [Q] [VZW] VS98012B LTE Connectivity Problem?

Updated my phone (VZW LG G2) to the latest software patch that went out recently (Dec 20/21?) and now my phone will default to 3G service more often than 4G LTE. My home gets very strong LTE service and I could speedtest up to 20mbps at times on it. After I updated, however, my phone will connect to 3G about 90% of the time. Rarely does it connect to LTE. This isn't just at my home, so I don't think it's a local tower issue as I've had the same problem in town as well.

Has anyone else encountered a problem with LTE connectivity after updating to VS98012B?

edit: If I switch on airplane mode and then turn it off, sometimes it will switch back to LTE.

Steamer86
Old
Thanks Meter 126
Flashed modem only here, no problems.

Jimi Mack
Old
Thanks Meter 140
If you are still on pure stock, call Verizon and let them address it for you.

j21blackjack
Old
Thanks Meter 11
I've been searching for this problem as well. My wife's HTC One is sitting beside my G2 Rick solid on LTE, and mine is stuck on 3g. This only seems to happen in the house, so maybe hers just gets a better signal than the G2. On the rare occasion I do get lte, my speed tests are always much slower than hers. I know it's not an lte problem because out in town with a stronger signal I can get about 40 Mb d/l

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app

xstahsie
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Yup, I have the same issue after upgrading to vs98012B. Mine is rooted by the way.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Rodeojones
Old
Thanks Meter 144
I'm not seeing this problem. In fact, it's the opposite for me. I'm rooted and didn't want to go through the hassle of losing my custom recovery, so I waited until a stock, rooted version of 12B released. I flashed it as well as the corresponding 12B modem zip. I live in a fringe LTE area and it was not uncommon for me to see 3G in my house. Since the upgrade I've only been seeing LTE. I'm very happy with this update.

texaswickedtoys
Old
Thanks Meter 53
I've noticed today seems like I'm stuck on 3g

Sent from my VS980 4G using XDA Premium HD app