XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

well my power button finally broke

Tip us?

aussie88
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Default well my power button finally broke

I was updating roms and doing my usual fiddling when i noticed that my power button was starting to give me issues. I noticed it specifically after updating CWM from 6.0.3.1 to 6.0.4.3 (i think, from memory).

Now it will randomly flick on and off, bring up the pewer menu and even shut itself down without me touching it. It seems t be overly sensitive and not very sensitive at the same time.

Any hope this can be a software issue and not a hardware one? I've dont lots of searching but i havent found anything more than the possibility of it being a broken power button.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I wanted to keep this phone till the S5, but i may be forced to go to the S4 or note 3 if theres no way to fix it....

davis60
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie88 View Post
I was updating roms and doing my usual fiddling when i noticed that my power button was starting to give me issues. I noticed it specifically after updating CWM from 6.0.3.1 to 6.0.4.3 (i think, from memory).

Now it will randomly flick on and off, bring up the pewer menu and even shut itself down without me touching it. It seems t be overly sensitive and not very sensitive at the same time.

Any hope this can be a software issue and not a hardware one? I've dont lots of searching but i havent found anything more than the possibility of it being a broken power button.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I wanted to keep this phone till the S5, but i may be forced to go to the S4 or note 3 if theres no way to fix it....
The constant use of the power button damaged it. Its a hardware problem. Get it repaired.