XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] PLEASE HELP SOFT BRICK sch-i535 VERIZON

Tip us?

duffycoug
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] PLEASE HELP SOFT BRICK sch-i535 VERIZON

I recently installed the update 4.3 for my phone, which blocked the only thing I use the phone for free HOTSPOT. I tried to go back to 4.1.2 and obviously messed up somewhere along the way. Presently I can boot to download screen and recovery, but NOTHING works. Anything I try to install I get an error message. Currently, when I try to boot I get "System software not authorized by Verizon Wireless has been found on your phone. Please turn off your phone and go to the nearest Verizon Wireless store for help." Don't want to do that, since they already told me they will not revert back to previous software version.

I have Odin 3.09 installed, USB driver for my phone installed and downloaded multiple tar and md5 files that are the correct ones for my phone. When I try to install I get FAILED! every time. I am putting it in the PDA slot, with proper check marks.

Please help me, I will give additional details as you see fit, don't want to clog up the thread with everything I tried, like unlocking bootloader, installing custom recovery, etc.

I'll be here all day, hopefully I can get some quick responses.

duffycoug
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by duffycoug View Post
I recently installed the update 4.3 for my phone, which blocked the only thing I use the phone for free HOTSPOT. I tried to go back to 4.1.2 and obviously messed up somewhere along the way. Presently I can boot to download screen and recovery, but NOTHING works. Anything I try to install I get an error message. Currently, when I try to boot I get "System software not authorized by Verizon Wireless has been found on your phone. Please turn off your phone and go to the nearest Verizon Wireless store for help." Don't want to do that, since they already told me they will not revert back to previous software version.

I have Odin 3.09 installed, USB driver for my phone installed and downloaded multiple tar and md5 files that are the correct ones for my phone. When I try to install I get FAILED! every time. I am putting it in the PDA slot, with proper check marks.

Please help me, I will give additional details as you see fit, don't want to clog up the thread with everything I tried, like unlocking bootloader, installing custom recovery, etc.

63 views but no replies? Maybe I'm in the wrong place? Is there anyone here who can help or point me to another forum?

Heavywater88
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
63 views but no replies? Maybe I'm in the wrong place? Is there anyone here who can help or point me to another forum?
This is a GS3 correct? Did you unlock the bootloader? if you didn't unlock the bootloader then you will get this message. I had the same issue with my girlfriends SGS3 on verizon.

duffycoug
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I followed the EXACT directions that were posted...if flashing VRALEC bootchain unlocks the bootloader than yes. I followed them step by step.

The good news is though, I finally gave up and hit accept on the software update and figured I'd just pay the extra $20 for the hotspot that was free on 4.1.2, but to my surprise the update failed. I still have my 4.1.2, my free hotspot and everything functions. Whatever I did messed up my phone enough to block the update, so I'm happy. Pretty crazy though that the methods followed to the T didn't work over and over again. I simply cannot root my phone no matter what I try. I'd love for someone to physically have my phone and try it with me present.

pateld
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:

give this a shot for verizon s3: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2581166. It will provide you with directions on how to flash the stock recovery and bootloader. My S3 would not turn on at all until I tried this method.