5,594,805 Members 37,320 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[HELP] BADLY Screwed up Camera and Gallery

Tip us?

Soul_Fly
Old
(Last edited by Soul_Fly; 30th December 2013 at 10:21 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Default [HELP] BADLY Screwed up Camera and Gallery

Hi guys. My issue is that I was trying out an alternate camera for my rooted A116 and I accidentally ended up downloading and flashing the wrong version (which isn't compatible with this device) and the camera fc'd on launch.
But I had taken precautions and made a Titanium Backup of my old Gallery.
Since I couldn't restore the old gallery directly due to the apk having a different name (it was a 4.3 apk) I had to manually go and delete it using root explorer. But I accidentally ended up deleting other files similar to gallery, which I suspect are related to the camera. That's it I screwed up.
Even after restoring the old gallery all I get is a very laggy gallery and no camera application (will not launch from gallery or lockscreen either) same result with trying to flash stock gallery downloaded from this forum.

I even tried flashing the 4.1 gallery but same result. Every time I get a laggy and a buggy gallery and no camera app.

Also tried installing 3rd party camera and gallery apps from the play store. All of them showed error and failed to launch camera and the gallery was the same... Slow and buggy

So can anyone please help me get back CAMERA+4.2 gallery?

I'm on Android version 4.2.2 which should be the latest available on the device.

Thanks! :'(

DEVICE: LG P350
CyanogenMOD 10.1 RC 6.5 Stable
Overclocked to 806 MHz
CWM 6.0.3.0 Custom Recovery
-------
New Device: Micromax A116 (Canvas HD)
Stock ROM 4.2.1 Rooted/CWM Recovery

rajneeshk
Old
Thanks Meter 157

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul_Fly View Post
Hi guys. My issue is that I was trying out an alternate camera for my rooted A116 and I accidentally ended up downloading and flashing the wrong version (which isn't compatible with this device) and the camera fc'd on launch.
But I had taken precautions and made a Titanium Backup of my old Gallery.
Since I couldn't restore the old gallery directly due to the apk having a different name (it was a 4.3 apk) I had to manually go and delete it using root explorer. But I accidentally ended up deleting other files similar to gallery, which I suspect are related to the camera. That's it I screwed up.
Even after restoring the old gallery all I get is a very laggy gallery and no camera application (will not launch from gallery or lockscreen either) same result with trying to flash stock gallery downloaded from this forum.

I even tried flashing the 4.1 gallery but same result. Every time I get a laggy and a buggy gallery and no camera app.

Also tried installing 3rd party camera and gallery apps from the play store. All of them showed error and failed to launch camera and the gallery was the same... Slow and buggy

So can anyone please help me get back CAMERA+4.2 gallery?

I'm on Android version 4.2.2 which should be the latest available on the device.

Thanks! :'(
will suggest you to take a backup of your application & sms ( app backup & restore , sms backup & restore) and contacts and reflash the ROM as no one will be able to blindly guess which all apks you deleted.
Press Thanks if I have helped you in any way. You can donate to me as well if you like my work.

My work : Oppo R819 Stock Android for Micromax CHD

The Following User Says Thank You to rajneeshk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Soul_Fly
Old
(Last edited by Soul_Fly; 31st December 2013 at 06:43 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeshk View Post
will suggest you to take a backup of your application & sms ( app backup & restore , sms backup & restore) and contacts and reflash the ROM as no one will be able to blindly guess which all apks you deleted.
I deleted the files in system/app which had a gallery icon and had similar names (like you could tell they are related to gallery/camera)
If anyone with stock camera can give a screenshot of their system/app root browser I can point out the missing apks.

EDIT: In the worst case scenario does anyone have a flashable zip that will allow me to go back to stock easily and maintain root? Of not what I'd the safest and the easiest way?

DEVICE: LG P350
CyanogenMOD 10.1 RC 6.5 Stable
Overclocked to 806 MHz
CWM 6.0.3.0 Custom Recovery
-------
New Device: Micromax A116 (Canvas HD)
Stock ROM 4.2.1 Rooted/CWM Recovery

shivambajaj
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul_Fly View Post
I deleted the files in system/app which had a gallery icon and had similar names (like you could tell they are related to gallery/camera)
If anyone with stock camera can give a screenshot of their system/app root browser I can point out the missing apks
I'll take a screenshot one minute

Sent from my Micromax A116 using xda premium

---------- Post added at 12:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 PM ----------

Check pm

Sent from my Micromax A116 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to shivambajaj For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]