5,600,612 Members 32,983 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] E980 brick with QHSUSB_DLOAD showing.

Tip us?

Nappingrabbit
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Prompt [Q] E980 brick with QHSUSB_DLOAD showing.

Ok a few days ago I wasnt paying attention and I installed a ROM on my LG Optimus G and when I restarted, it did not reboot. I have read a number of different forum topics on the subject and done a number of things to attempt to fix it.

From what I read, when the device shows up as QHSUSB_DLOAD in device manager, it is end game.

Ok well I did not immediately give up. I found and installed the Qualcomm drivers. I tried LG FlashTools. Of course to no avail.

This guy on EBAY (item 281151982662) will fix it for $24.99. I think that is a fine deal and since I have exhausted my other options, I was preparing to send it off to him.

AND THEN I found a link to "www(dot)zpsjbbs(dot)com/thread-5097-1-1.html -THIS FORUM POST that implies it may be fixable still with a software solution!!

The challenge is of course, that the post is written in Chinese. Google can translate and I feel I will be able to decipher it and search for and find the various pieces of software and try it out.

Question I have is, is it worth the time? Is it possible? Has anyone tried this method? Anyone have English explanation of it?

Thanks in advance. This is my first post here so I can not post links.

adfurgerson
Old
Thanks Meter 507
http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=lg-optimus-g
Try catching Shelnutt2 on this link. This has come up in the past and from memory there is a Qualcomm tool availible, but I am not sure if anyone ever got it to work. There were hex files needed if I remember correctly.

Rishi.
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Please , can you tell us what went wrong ?? so no one else tries it if they read it ??
Nokia N95-RM320 | Nokia 6630.
SE K750i | SE K310i.
Moto Atrix 4g(Stolen) | LG Optimus G E970. ( Now Liberated )
-------------------------------------------------------------
If you feel I can be of some help , feel free to PM.

hbawlz
Old
(Last edited by hbawlz; 31st December 2013 at 06:47 AM.)
Thanks Meter 17
Ive played with the Programs, Its QPST and the hope that it offers up is limited, but Im not a dev either. I can get it to a certain point and that's it, u need hex's off a working phone to get another part of the phone to say ok to get another part of it working... or so it seems, but Im all in on this if anyone wants to dable, this would cure a lot of woes if we hammered this topic. To JTAG my phone it cost 60 bux so the ebay deal if hes credible, is a good deal
No ones ever died from havin to search Google themselves

On the off chance I don't know what Im saying...

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=XDA+At%26t+Optimus+G#