[Q] post 4.3 update issues

Search This thread

ujan1

Dec 21, 2012
Like most people I updated to the 4.3 and the new base band through the sony pc companion and everything was great for the first week, but then the red flags started to go off and here is the list:

- My games and apps that were working fine would not open even sonys stock apps. Tried re starting the phone and it would still not let me use them.
- draw back issues on the lock screen (5sec) and home screen wallpaper (10 sec) plus it auto reverted back to an older wall paper.
- when I connect it to my dock the lock screen does not auto rotate to landscape mode.

I have gone back to factory reset but issue number 2-3 still persist. Can any one help me either solve these issues or tell me the best way to downgrade to the 4.2 stock firmware.

MOEL C6833
current base band is 8974-AAAAANAZQ-10270025-26

KERNEL VERSION
3.4.0-PERF-G4F35567
BUILDUSER@BUILDHOST#1
TUE NOV 19 19:53:25 2013

BUILD NUMBER
14.2.A.0.290

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

qtlestat

Jul 19, 2010
Like most people I updated to the 4.3 and the new base band through the sony pc companion and everything was great for the first week, but then the red flags started to go off and here is the list:

- My games and apps that were working fine would not open even sonys stock apps. Tried re starting the phone and it would still not let me use them.
- draw back issues on the lock screen (5sec) and home screen wallpaper (10 sec) plus it auto reverted back to an older wall paper.
- when I connect it to my dock the lock screen does not auto rotate to landscape mode.

I have gone back to factory reset but issue number 2-3 still persist. Can any one help me either solve these issues or tell me the best way to downgrade to the 4.2 stock firmware.

MOEL C6833

KERNEL VERSION
3.4.0-PERF-G4F35567
BUILDUSER@BUILDHOST#1

BUILD NUMBER
14.2.A.0.290

Do a repair via the Sony PC companion for windows or sony bridge for mac. It may help.

Leechoonhwee

Apr 30, 2006
My issue is the dialer. If I answer or call someone, the screen goes black.

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk 4

hansip87

Jan 14, 2011
Jakarta

MOEL C6833

KERNEL VERSION
3.4.0-PERF-G4F35567
BUILDUSER@BUILDHOST#1

BUILD NUMBER
14.2.A.0.290

- Bluetooh Share Force Closing when Bluetooth is turned off (Not always)
- Launcher redraw is a bit common with 4.3 but loading it back doesn't take too much time due to fast hardware so no big complaint
- Sketch and Note app should be able to be placed at landscape mode. But it's a minor issue.
- Superior Auto Mode.. Man, i do really wish that they just need to reduce the ISO and then voila the result will be a lot better! Tested in Manual Mode and it is confirmed that ISO bigger than 400 will destroy the picture quality, lot of smudges and artifact everywhere!

Leechoonhwee

Apr 30, 2006

justsomebody

Oct 19, 2012
Hi, after upgrading to 4.3, here are some issues:

+ Device heating + battery super drain

after a lot of flashing and tweaking (not twerking), the current situation is:

+ Normal heat, battery still drain like hell, Android OS takes up to 70%