5,597,501 Members 31,705 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How Does Kingo Root Work?

Tip us?
 
SupremeOverlord777
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Posts: 102
Join Date: Nov 2011
Default How Does Kingo Root Work?

I personally will not be using Kingo root, unless they come out with a safe version, due to concerns about it sending my IMEI to unprotected servers. But, it does show that there is a way to root MJ5, so if we can find out how Kingo works couldn't we easily package together a new file that works just as well without the security concerns? Is there any way to do this?
I don't know much about the programming side, but would grabbing a logcat or something similar during the root process with Kingo give us an idea?

Thanks guys, can't wait to get my new Note 3 rooted.
 
Solarenemy68
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 103
Posts: 619
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Dallas
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupremeOverlord777 View Post
I personally will not be using Kingo root, unless they come out with a safe version, due to concerns about it sending my IMEI to unprotected servers. But, it does show that there is a way to root MJ5, so if we can find out how Kingo works couldn't we easily package together a new file that works just as well without the security concerns? Is there any way to do this?
I don't know much about the programming side, but would grabbing a logcat or something similar during the root process with Kingo give us an idea?

Thanks guys, can't wait to get my new Note 3 rooted.
Have you downloaded the Jingo Program to your PC and read the TOS agreement? it states on line 5 that the do not send any data from or about your PC or phone. So if they where to do what you think they do it would violate their own TOS and put them up for a law suit.

I have used it and it is fine.

The worse they can do with your IEMI is put it on a black list and claim it stolen. If they do that, it is easy to dispute as you are the original owner and by law only you can put it on a blacklist.
The Following User Says Thank You to Solarenemy68 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
SupremeOverlord777
Old
#3  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Posts: 102
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solarenemy68 View Post
Have you downloaded the Jingo Program to your PC and read the TOS agreement? it states on line 5 that the do not send any data from or about your PC or phone. So if they where to do what you think they do it would violate their own TOS and put them up for a law suit.

I have used it and it is fine.

The worse they can do with your IEMI is put it on a black list and claim it stolen. If they do that, it is easy to dispute as you are the original owner and by law only you can put it on a blacklist.

I'd rather not support a company/group that not only has serious security issues but also is closed source in a community that I value the openness of. I think its great that its worked for people, but what evidence of malicious behavior (if any) would you expect to see? Best case scenario this all gets cleaned up and it turns out everything is fine, but I'd rather play the safe side on a device that contains all of my personal information.
 
Solarenemy68
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 103
Posts: 619
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Dallas
Yet you know that every app you have installed does not send data somewhere? They don't have to list all the requirements of an app and many don't in the store. So you are just as much at risk installing any app as you are with Kingo. I figure since I have already potentially exposed my phone to apps as well as GOOGLE whom I am sure is more malicious than Kingo, why not give Kingo a try? Besides who in this age of hacking and scamming keeps really personal and sensitive info on a phone? If you do then you deserve to get it stolen honestly..
 
antiguangenius
Old
(Last edited by antiguangenius; 29th December 2013 at 03:06 AM.)
#5  
antiguangenius's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 75
Posts: 190
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bronx

 
DONATE TO ME
I used it, works fine!!!, I think these are people mad because Kingo not sharing the way its done...... so what not everyone wants there software reversed engineered, when iphone team jailbreak iphone they dont say how its done.... I can understand kingo point because it they share the idea AT&T will just patch it again... be happy the option is there.... soon as AT&T see the way they will patch it, we dont want that... that will just extend the bootloader cracking time...... I don't think kingo takes the IMEI.... and besides the phone is always online many other apps could have steal the IMEI and you don't even know so that's not even something to be alert to at the moment..... maybe Kingo is Samsung underground..... u never know..... in time they will share it but for now I can understand the risk of the hole been plugged... plus with KNOX AT&T can update your phone blind, using the knox control.... so Kingo is looking at all that.....
-
Device: Nexus 5 Black (D820)
Internal Memory: 32GB
ROM: ★SENSONIC™HD★
Bootloader: Unlocked
Network: T-Mobile LTE

Previous Devices:
Note 3 N900T (Sold)
Note 3 N900A (Sold)
S4 SGH-i337 (Gave GF)
Note 2 SGH-i317 (Sold)
S3 GT-I9300 (Sold)
Note GT-N7000 (Sold)
S2 GT-I9100 (Sold)


-=Mini Guides=-
- Galaxy Note N7000 ICS to GB
- Galaxy Note N7000 Factory Firmware Restore
- Galaxy Note N7000 Brick/Incorrect Rom Fix
- Repartition Galaxy Note
 
manny18pr
Old
#6  
manny18pr's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 95
Posts: 372
Join Date: Sep 2011
Did you guys rooted it on mj5?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
 
Solarenemy68
Old
#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 103
Posts: 619
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Dallas
Quote:
Originally Posted by manny18pr View Post
Did you guys rooted it on mj5?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Yes it works fine on MJ5 on the 900A.
 
ww3funs
Old
#8  
ww3funs's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 40
Join Date: Nov 2013
it worked for me too

来自我的 SM-N9005 上的 Tapatalk

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


TRENDING IN THEMER...