XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Need help with CM problems.

Tip us?

epykun
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Need help with CM problems.

I'm currently using their stable build from November 2012 CM10, which I've tried upgrading to there latest stable a few times every now and then, and every time I attempt to upgrade it states it was aborted about 2 seconds in. Is there something special I'm suppose to do to upgrade to 10.1-10.2? Also I attempted using CM installation program and it kept me on the same version, and now I'm getting a "Unforunately, Android keyboard (AOSP) has stopped working." error, which I figured was from gapps. Can anyone please point me in the right direction of what I'm suppose to do about this.

n_alvarez2007
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by epykun View Post
I'm currently using their stable build from November 2012 CM10, which I've tried upgrading to there latest stable a few times every now and then, and every time I attempt to upgrade it states it was aborted about 2 seconds in. Is there something special I'm suppose to do to upgrade to 10.1-10.2? Also I attempted using CM installation program and it kept me on the same version, and now I'm getting a "Unforunately, Android keyboard (AOSP) has stopped working." error, which I figured was from gapps. Can anyone please point me in the right direction of what I'm suppose to do about this.
Are you dirty flashing from 10.1 to 10.2 or clean flashing? If you're dirty flashing chances are that's what's causing the problem. From what I remember about upgrading from 10.1 to 10.2 was that a clean flash was necessary to having a bug free experience. My suggestion is backup your apps via Titanium Backup and factory reset on 10.2.
Current Device: AT&T Galaxy S3 | Current Rom: Stock 4.3 Touchwiz

codemonkey98
Old
Thanks Meter 51
It wouldn't be advised for you to flash CM 10.1 to CM 10.2. Strictly because these are two different Android versions. First of all you will want to download the following links below.

(Note: This is strictly for the SGH-i747 and not the SGH-i747M variant)

After you have downloaded the above files, you'll want to flash the Clockwork with Odin. If you are unsure on how to do this, please proceed to this tutorial. After you have flashed the last CWM, you will want to transfer the CM-10.2 image and the GApps to your root of the device. Then go into your custom recovery. Now wipe your data and dalvik cache. Then flash/install the CM10.2 zip file and then GApps. Now restart your device and you'll be on 4.3

If you are using TWRP, you'll need to find the appropriate version for that.
Devices:
~~~~

Find my post helpful? Remember to click that button!