XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Looking for Java excerises.

Tip us?

haxxo
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Looking for Java excerises.

So i just finished reading Head first java 2nd edition. and before i move on to android, i would like to make some simple java apps to get some actual experience.

can someone direct me to some exercises/tutorials that actually build an app step by step, with clear documentation? these apps should not heavily use swing/awt .

at the moment i just dived into creating a Cesar cipher APP(only command line), its very painful to just jump into app making straight after reading a book. by painful i mean very slow with lots of googling. so that's why i would like some exercises/tutorials but there are thousands online, very hard to know what good for me without wasting a lot of time.

TLR
I want some java exercises/tutorials that do NOT focus heavily on Swing/AWT, with clear directions/documentation.

dev4droids
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by haxxo View Post
So i just finished reading Head first java 2nd edition. and before i move on to android, i would like to make some simple java apps to get some actual experience.

can someone direct me to some exercises/tutorials that actually build an app step by step, with clear documentation? these apps should not heavily use swing/awt .

at the moment i just dived into creating a Cesar cipher APP(only command line), its very painful to just jump into app making straight after reading a book. by painful i mean very slow with lots of googling. so that's why i would like some exercises/tutorials but there are thousands online, very hard to know what good for me without wasting a lot of time.

TLR
I want some java exercises/tutorials that do NOT focus heavily on Swing/AWT, with clear directions/documentation.
I saw a thread on this forum with some good links for Java exercises. I haven't had time to really check them out but they seem great.
Here's the link to the thread :
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...6#post48954186

Hope that helps...