XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Lost EFS potentially

Tip us?

VinceThePrince
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Thumbs down [Q] Lost EFS potentially

So after flashing a few things, something went wrong big time. Phone barely makes it to the lock screen and when it does, it says System is not responding and then automatically reboots. In that brief time I see the dreaded no signal icon.

Have tried restoring stock firmware via Odin and it still leads to the same lock screen issue every time (used this very same file to restore to stock before without any issues). To add salt to the wound, my SD card got corrupted (stupid SanDisk I should have learned from past experiences) which is where I kept my EFS backup. This is on a N900W8, with Knox tripped 0x1 so no chance of warranty.

Do I have quite the expensive paperweight on my hands here now? It seems so but hopefully there is a light at the end of the tunnel for me

ultramag69
Old
Thanks Meter 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceThePrince View Post
So after flashing a few things, something went wrong big time. Phone barely makes it to the lock screen and when it does, it says System is not responding and then automatically reboots. In that brief time I see the dreaded no signal icon.

Have tried restoring stock firmware via Odin and it still leads to the same lock screen issue every time (used this very same file to restore to stock before without any issues). To add salt to the wound, my SD card got corrupted (stupid SanDisk I should have learned from past experiences) which is where I kept my EFS backup. This is on a N900W8, with Knox tripped 0x1 so no chance of warranty.

Do I have quite the expensive paperweight on my hands here now? It seems so but hopefully there is a light at the end of the tunnel for me
Out of curiosity, did you have the new bootloader or the old and did you try to dowgrade the firmware?
If you did it might be part of the problem...
Reflash MJ7 in ODIN and that should fix it but you will now have new bootloader that will trip Knox counter when rooted.
If You Disagree Or Think I'm Wrong, Look Closer At My Avatar...

VinceThePrince
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultramag69 View Post
Out of curiosity, did you have the new bootloader or the old and did you try to dowgrade the firmware?
If you did it might be part of the problem...
Reflash MJ7 in ODIN and that should fix it but you will now have new bootloader that will trip Knox counter when rooted.
No I have not tried downgrading, the Odin firmware I use was always the latest MJ4

radicalisto
Old
Thanks Meter 1185

DONATE TO ME
Since you've tripped KNOX try this link it'll fix your efs issues.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=47014662

It does work, bailed me out and many others. You'll have to go with a custom recovery though to be able to use it. Just boot into download, install custom recovery then flash the zip fix and you're sorted.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
// Nexus 5 (D821) // Liquid // UBER //
// Note 3 (SM-N9005) // AOSP ROM of variety // Lean or temasek's Kernel // - Dumped. No more Samsung