Tip us?

dannyglory
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Paying for help :)

I will pay 20$ of the the guy help me to get the 3G coverage
I just bought recently unlocked AT&T made in Korea LG optimus G pro e980
The kernel is of AT&T because when i start the phone i see the logo of AT&T mobile.

I am on Walmart Family mobile plan they are OVN of T-Mobile. I am on unlimited text,data,talk plan, it is included 2 GB of 3G data.
The android version of the phone is 4.1.2, baseband version APQ8064,MDM9X15m Kernel 3.4.0, build number JZO54K,software version E98010k

My APN settings are as follows, i tried the one from FAQ of family mobile too, but i still couldn't have 3G coverage.
Name: T-Mobile US
APN: epc.tmobile.com
Proxy: 216.155.165.50
Port: 8080
Username: (leave this blank)
Password: (leave this blank)
Server: (leave this blank)
MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc http://216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.50
MMS Port: 8080
MMS Protocol: WAP 2.0
MCC: 310
MNC: 260

On the top corner of the screen above the network coverage stays the letter "E" (EDGE) and the internet is very slow!
I've seen they are many AT&T brand applications are installed on the device like: at&t drive mode, at&t Locker, at&t Navigator e.t.c.

Please guys what you would suggest me what i have to do. Do i need to root, to unlock the boot loader, or to change the base bands to get the 3G coverage or what? I would be thankful if you answer me with links or step by step what i have to do.
ck.
I live now in Bryans Road, Maryland this area has 3G covered i already checked that.
When i search on networks in the phone i also see signals from AT&T antennas like AT&T RAT:14,3,2 and three for Family mobile.

I already rooted as following steps and everything was fine.
When i go to follow the the steps before install CM11 this one:
"Now go back to ROM Manager main screen and tap on Reboot into Recovery. Confirm your action and soon your Android device boot into ClockworkMod recovery non-touch version".

Then the phone being rebooted but before that it shows "unfortunately com.lge.hiddenmenu has stopped" after the reboot it shows the green android logo toy with red warning triangle sign. It stays on this icon and i can't do anything i can do only a restart after couple of minutes
What you think guys, do i need to make factory reset before all these tasks, or there is another solution?
I would like to get the 3G coverage,

likemiketoo
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I think the Freegee app has been updated to include the Korean g pro, use that to get your loki'd cwm or twrp recovery, (since our boot loader isn't unlocked yet) after that try checking your APN'S again, and if that doesn't work then try flashing the US's e980 baseband (in the forums somewhere), if that doesn't work i'm stumped, however if it does work and you flash cm11, you may have to use the KitKat t mobile no audio fix to get in-call audio

ramdante
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyglory View Post
I will pay 20$ of the the guy help me to get the 3G coverage
I just bought recently unlocked AT&T made in Korea LG optimus G pro e980
The kernel is of AT&T because when i start the phone i see the logo of AT&T mobile.
Then the phone being rebooted but before that it shows "unfortunately com.lge.hiddenmenu has stopped" after the reboot it shows the green android logo toy with red warning triangle sign. It stays on this icon and i can't do anything i can do only a restart after couple of minutes
What you think guys, do i need to make factory reset before all these tasks, or there is another solution?
I would like to get the 3G coverage,
Which network type have you chosen under mobile networks?
If you don't have that option then you can enable the network type chooser using the sqlite edit.