XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Pebble and Note 3

Tip us?

Pandawg
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 85
Default Pebble and Note 3

Wondering if anyone here has a Pebble smart watch, and if it works on their Note 3 fine. I've been reading around that there are some issues with Touchwiz and the watch.
AT&T Galaxy Note 3 - Stock, rooted.
Transformer Prime TF201 - CM 10.2.

leyvatron
Old
Thanks Meter 277
I had a pebble and it worked perfect. Get pebble notifier from the market and click what apps get notification on your pebble.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Follow me and my Android videos on YouTube if you want. Remember to click Thanks and Subscribe.
Join my Facebook group - Everybody is welcome

Google+ Add me
The Following User Says Thank You to leyvatron For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

seoulbrova
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandawg View Post
Wondering if anyone here has a Pebble smart watch, and if it works on their Note 3 fine. I've been reading around that there are some issues with Touchwiz and the watch.
it works fine, i havent run into any issues.
The Following User Says Thank You to seoulbrova For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Pandawg
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 85
Alright thanks probably going to pick one up

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
AT&T Galaxy Note 3 - Stock, rooted.
Transformer Prime TF201 - CM 10.2.

coor
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Yep another confirmation for Pebble working fine. Check out the smart watch plus I believe it's called it's sort of expensive @6$ or so but it adds some good features if you plan on using the watch a lot. It's a bit tricky to get setup as well.

Sent from my SM-N900V using xda app-developers app

pham818
Old
Thanks Meter 103
isnt the pebble 2 coming out soon?
Current
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 -
Asus Nexus 7 32GB (2013) - scrosler's CleanROM

Past
Samsung Galaxy S4 16GB - Sold
Samsung Galaxy S2 16GB - Given Away
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 16GB - SOLD

Free 500 MB of storage on Dropbox: http://db.tt/d6SOJt2W

Please press thanks if I helped in any way!

drmacrofish
Old
Thanks Meter 122
I have one and was using it. There are bugs with it. It does work well as far as you get the notifications you are supposed to and it controls your music etc.

Problems however. Talk back bug happens with it and if you use the stock Internet browser, it talks to you with each page loading saying "page loading". Super annoying.

Also, you loose the ability to do one handed screen functionality. Ie. You can't swipe onto the screen from the side and shrink the screen down to make one handed use easier.

The last big issue I had with it was when I didn't wear my Pebble. The stupid pebble app would constantly search for the Pebble. Even when I would press the button in the app telling it not to, it would try to automatically reconnect periodically, like every 30 minutes. This wasted a lot of power, and, I found if I was using my phone with another blue tooth device such as headphones, would cause them to disconnect from the phone each time it would search for the Pebble. I had to resort to freezing the app each time I was not wearing my Pebble.

I quit using it and got a Gear. Now my Pebble is sitting in a drawer.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk