XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help flashing rom

Tip us?

decaturbob
Old
Thanks Meter 429
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackishPerson View Post
Just because he is new doesn't mean you have to be a jerk, I know this happens a lot but being mean never does anything but cause more problems.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
there is nothing mean about commenting on researching and fully understanding before proceeding. We have dozens of posts every day in this forum by "noobs" who don't take 5 minutes to read anything. And then expect massive help when they screw their phones up....

There are all sorts of youtube videos on just about every aspect of GS4. We have countless threads on what you can and can't do to the GS4 and yet every single day we have new posters asking why they can't load any rom they want or whats taking so much time to get a bootloader unlocked,,,,we have dedicated Devs who basically donate their time to all of us. The least we can do is educate ourselves in what we can and can't do....
S4 powered by hashcode 3.71 safestrap HYPERDRIVE 15 by Sbreen94

uhswrestler
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by decaturbob View Post
there is nothing mean about commenting on researching and fully understanding before proceeding. We have dozens of posts every day in this forum by "noobs" who don't take 5 minutes to read anything. And then expect massive help when they screw their phones up....

There are all sorts of youtube videos on just about every aspect of GS4. We have countless threads on what you can and can't do to the GS4 and yet every single day we have new posters asking why they can't load any rom they want or whats taking so much time to get a bootloader unlocked,,,,we have dedicated Devs who basically donate their time to all of us. The least we can do is educate ourselves in what we can and can't do....
And you are very right with your statement I completely agree with you. But as a noob to this I tried to educated myself as much as possible The only thing I hate more is not being able to figure something out on my own. But I had no clue what was my problem to the fact that I couldn't flash a rom with all the possibilities and programs at my disposal. It was just not knowing what to search not the fact that all noobers are lazy

k1mu
Old
Thanks Meter 1255

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackishPerson View Post
Just because he is new doesn't mean you have to be a jerk, I know this happens a lot but being mean never does anything but cause more problems.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Sorry if you think I'm being a jerk, but I wasn't exaggerating. Five to ten people come here just about every day wondering why their phone bricked due to trying to install custom recovery when spending just an hour of two reading this forum would have made it clear that they can't do that.

Trust me, I wasn't being mean, simply blunt. I'm astonished by anyone that thinks that flashing random stuff onto a $600 phone without spending an hour or two to understand what they're doing is a good idea.
My Android devices:
vzw Samsung Galaxy S4 stock MJ7, now rooted!
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, also stock but rooted.

VZ Droid Incredible 2 rooted but otherwise stock.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
The Following User Says Thank You to k1mu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

uhswrestler
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I'm not saying you don't have the right to be mean because you do but before you are just figure out if they are Are the stupid noobs or the ones that actually took the time to try to search but couldn't come up with anything. Just remember not every is a complete idiot of a noon.

joshm.1219
Old
Thanks Meter 894
The thing is that we all were noobs once, but we didn't ask anyone to hold our hands. Unfortunately I can't say I believe you tried as hard as you say you did OP. I mean if your new to rooting, the first thing you should do is search google or youtube for a guide. That's a pretty basic realization all of us had when we learned about this hobby. If you had read or watched any of those guides, you would know everything in rooting depends on a device's bootloader status and how to learn the status of your own bootloader. Then you would've known where to begin in searching in XDA. XDA clearly states it is a site for development & developers, so question's that are covered in any of the thousands of beginner guides get met with harsh responses.
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2848/11738368925_6e7dbef510_o.png
  • CARRIER: VERIZON
  • DEVICE: HTC ONE MAX
  • RECOVERY: TWRP 2.7
  • ROM: NUSENSE SIX
  • KERNEL: CLEANKERNEL
  • LAUNCHER: TSF SHELL
  • XPOSED MODULES: Greenify/KeepChat/NotifyClean/Sense6Toolbox/Snapshare/YoutubeAdAway
  • CASE: POWER FLIP
  • HACKS: LIFETIME FREE PIZZA DELIVERY
The Following User Says Thank You to joshm.1219 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

uhswrestler
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshm.1219 View Post
The thing is that we all were noobs once, but we didn't ask anyone to hold our hands. Unfortunately I can't say I believe you tried as hard as you say you did OP. I mean if your new to rooting, the first thing you should do is search google or youtube for a guide. That's a pretty basic realization all of us had when we learned about this hobby. If you had read or watched any of those guides, you would know everything in rooting depends on a device's bootloader status and how to learn the status of your own bootloader. Then you would've known where to begin in searching in XDA. XDA clearly states it is a site for development & developers, so question's that are covered in any of the thousands of beginner guides get met with harsh responses.
We all have our beliefs and no one can argue but all I'm saying is that the only thing that stopped me was that I didn't know that the me7/mk2 build could not be flashed like I tries through Odin or goo manager or any of the other 10 ways I tried. But once I found out about safestrap it was all good money. And I thank everyone on here for the advice.
The Following User Says Thank You to uhswrestler For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

joshm.1219
Old
Thanks Meter 894
Quote:
Originally Posted by uhswrestler View Post
We all have our beliefs and no one can argue but all I'm saying is that the only thing that stopped me was that I didn't know that the me7/mk2 build could not be flashed like I tries through Odin or goo manager or any of the other 10 ways I tried. But once I found out about safestrap it was all good money. And I thank everyone on here for the advice.
Sorry if i came off as harsh. Feel free to PM me if you have a question you think might be noobish, i get a lot of them but ill try to help whenever i can.

Sent from my CIA sanctioned device
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2848/11738368925_6e7dbef510_o.png
  • CARRIER: VERIZON
  • DEVICE: HTC ONE MAX
  • RECOVERY: TWRP 2.7
  • ROM: NUSENSE SIX
  • KERNEL: CLEANKERNEL
  • LAUNCHER: TSF SHELL
  • XPOSED MODULES: Greenify/KeepChat/NotifyClean/Sense6Toolbox/Snapshare/YoutubeAdAway
  • CASE: POWER FLIP
  • HACKS: LIFETIME FREE PIZZA DELIVERY

decaturbob
Old
Thanks Meter 429
Quote:
Sorry if i came off as harsh. Feel free to PM me if you have a question you think might be noobish, i get a lot of them but ill try to help whenever i can.

joshm, we all get a bit perturb with new posters becasue we know if some rudimentary research was done on their part before they leaped into rooting and romming and all that, 90% of the problems would cease. I have taken dozens of PMs from people who were lost and I kept sending them to links that I was able to find in minutes of searching either the XDA forums or elsewhere. We do have the right to get a bit frustrated when we see post after post of why can't I do this or why can't I do that.
S4 powered by hashcode 3.71 safestrap HYPERDRIVE 15 by Sbreen94
The Following User Says Thank You to decaturbob For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Mistertac
Old
Thanks Meter 675
Quote:
Originally Posted by decaturbob View Post
joshm, we all get a bit perturb with new posters becasue we know if some rudimentary research was done on their part before they leaped into rooting and romming and all that, 90% of the problems would cease. I have taken dozens of PMs from people who were lost and I kept sending them to links that I was able to find in minutes of searching either the XDA forums or elsewhere. We do have the right to get a bit frustrated when we see post after post of why can't I do this or why can't I do that.
I've certainly done some stupid things and asked some obvious questions when I 1st hopped on xda. But I'd like to think I've settled in ok. Seems to me though this is just how it's going to be huh? You two know far more than I do and even I'm hopping on the q&a side and trying to help people like you do.
It would be nice to have stickys regarding all the really easy things like. ... No custom recovery for any Verizon S4 unless you're on MDK. Sadly I know many people won't read that either. Not 100% on exactly what it takes to create a sticky,obviously a mod has to, but that would be a start.

And I know the search function works awesome these days too! I think people get excited and are in a hurry to get flashing away and ask silly questions later when their S4 is stuck at the Verizon splash screen or bootlooping.

Verizon Galaxy S4
SafeStrap 3.71
Hyperdrive 12
The Following User Says Thank You to Mistertac For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

uhswrestler
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:

Hey no problems man i totally understand where you guys come from. But enjoy your day