XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] S4 Touch not responding

Tip us?

Sezyrrith
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] S4 Touch not responding

I picked up my S4 from Best Buy and got the insurance plan on it. A few weeks back, I dropped it, and the touch screen stopped responding. A simple reboot did not fix it. When I took it in, the Geek Squad guy took a look at it, then it looked like he booted it into recovery (though I didn't see exactly what he did) and did something there that fixed it without a factory reset. He gave a really quick runthrough of what he did, but since I wasn't the one doing it myself, I don't remember what he said.

Anyone here know what it might have been? It's happened again, and I tried recovery and clearing the cache, but that didn't help, and I didn't see any other options that a person free-standing in a room would use to fix something (no updates to apply from cache etc. and I tried clearing the cache to no avail) and I'm hoping to avoid having to either take it apart or *shudder* deal with a flip phone loaner for a few days while I wait for a replacement.

graydiggy
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1932

DONATE TO ME
You need a replacement... Bottom line. They should trade it out in store.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Lost in a paper bag again...

Sezyrrith
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by graydiggy View Post
You need a replacement... Bottom line. They should trade it out in store.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Actually, this morning my alarm was going off, and I had no way of turning it off (no touch, and wouldn't respond to 'stop' voice command) so I took the battery out for the 5th or 6th time. When I replaced it, upon booting up, the phone worked again. *shrug* Whatever was out of place or not working has now temporarily rectified itself. I'll probably have them replace it next time it comes up anyway, assuming it happens again.