5,604,631 Members 41,838 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Issues with Tmobile voice/sms?

Tip us?

webmarketingtraffic
Old
(Last edited by webmarketingtraffic; 30th December 2013 at 10:20 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Smile Issues with Tmobile voice/sms?

Hi All,

My wifes iphone is shot and Im done replacing them. I decided to go with the Moto G and waiting for it to arrive.

She mainly uses the phone for talking and texting (no data plan)

We have T-Mobile (not prepaid) and even though the bands are compatible with T-mobile, the reps at T-mobile say that they do not support that phone and the issues she was having with the phone may still be there on the Moto-G. I have a Galaxy Note 2 and have no issues with Tmobile at all with dropped calls, SMS's taking hours to receive, etc.

Are the reps at Tmobile wrong?

Does anyone use the Moto G with Tmobile and have any input?

Thanks!

Bl00dRunzC0ld
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by webmarketingtraffic View Post
Hi All,

My wife broke her 2nd iphone and Im done replacing them. I decided to go with the Moto G and waiting for it to arrive.

We have T-Mobile (not prepaid) and even though the bands are compatible with T-mobile, the reps at T-mobile say that they do not support that phone and the issues she was having with the phone may still be there on the Moto-G. I have a Galaxy Note 2 and have no issues with Tmobile at all with dropped calls, SMS's taking hours to receive, etc.

Thanks!
The T-Mobile reps are idiots hahaha. I'm on T-Mobile right now and everything works flawlessly. I didn't have to put in any APN settings either. Just popped in my sim and was off and running.

Ravinxx
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Yes this phone works perfectly fine on T-Mobile. Don't worry about the reps.

Sent from my XT1034 using xda app-developers app

kIdMuScLe
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by webmarketingtraffic View Post
Hi All,

My wifes iphone is shot and Im done replacing them. I decided to go with the Moto G and waiting for it to arrive.

Thanks!
As long as you order the US model you are good... The only thing is that you don't get LTE service...

sicembaylor
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by kIdMuScLe View Post
As long as you order the US model you are good... The only thing is that you don't get LTE service...
Not a concern since he indicated they don't have a data plan.

big gulps huh?
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Get the US GSM model as she may want data in the future. Also make sure to take the steps to get her number freed from iMessage (it can cause issues). Otherwise this phone works great on tmobile. I've used 22gb this month and never had to enter an apn or anything.

Sent from my XT1034 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Current Phone: Nexus 5 32gb Black
Current Tablet: Nexus 7 (2013) 16gb Black
Current Rom: Paranoid Android 4 Beta 4

Retired phones:
Moto G <- Galaxy Note 2 (broken and sold) <- Nokia Lumia 521 <- Nexus 4 <-Amaze 4g <- Sensation 4g <- HTC One V <- Sensation 4g <- Galaxy S 4g <- HTC HD2 (Broken....again) <- Nexus S 4g <- EVO3D <- G2 <- Mytouch 3g slide <- HTC HD2 (Broken) <- HTC HD7 <- iPhone4 <- Moto Droid <- Blackberry Curve 8300 <- iPhone 3g <- Several Verizon Dumb Phones