5,593,587 Members 38,586 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Trying to restore to stock, stuck in bootloop when trying to enter recovery mode

Tip us?

Wehdota
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Trying to restore to stock, stuck in bootloop when trying to enter recovery mode

Hey guys. I just got a Galaxy Note 10.1 WiFi for Christmas (GT-n8013). I downloaded Cyanogenmod 10.2 on it to play around, but decided I wanted to go back to stock. However, something has gone horribly wrong. I flashed the stock ROM via ODIN and that seemed to work, but my device then went into a bootloop. I get the Samsung boot logo, and then an Android with a spinning blue object in his chest with a download bar. The download bar hangs at about 1/5 of the way, and then the device resets. I am unable to post images due to new user rules.

That download bar does not move past that point. It hangs there for a minute or so and then reboots, shows the "Samsung Note 10.1" boot logo, goes to this download again, then freezes and reboots. I am able to get into download mode, which shows that my device is on stock firmware, but the custom binary count remains at 1 (which I've read is due to installing ClockworkRecoveryMod?).

I am unable to boot into recovery mode. I get the aforementioned bootloop. I've attempted to flash the stock recovery with ODIN, and though it says it's successful, I continue to get a bootloop. My computer is also unable to recognize the USB device when bootlooping, even though ODIN says I have the correct drivers installed.

Sorry I can't link directly to the images, the forums won't let me. I'm definitely in way over my head here and would really appreciate some help. Thank you!

Behzadkhoker
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Tablet I have the same peoblem

the answer i got was to download the firmware form sammobile ( GT-N8013 )
then flash it with odin. Right know i am downloading the file (the size is very large)

If you have GT-N8013 then you can get the firmware form this link terafile.co/3f6559556907/N8013UEUCMA3_N8013XARCMA3_XAR.zip

I am new to this so i hope you can help flash this file on my tablet because we both the have kind of the same problem.

Wehdota
Old
(Last edited by Wehdota; 1st January 2014 at 08:02 PM.) Reason: Posting results
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behzadkhoker View Post
the answer i got was to download the firmware form sammobile ( GT-N8013 )
then flash it with odin. Right know i am downloading the file (the size is very large)

If you have GT-N8013 then you can get the firmware form this link terafile.co/3f6559556907/N8013UEUCMA3_N8013XARCMA3_XAR.zip

I am new to this so i hope you can help flash this file on my tablet because we both the have kind of the same problem.
I am currently attempting this and will report back with my results.

EDIT: It worked!!!! The firmware flash didn't immediately fix the bootloop, but it allowed me to enter recovery mode. From there, I did a data wipe/factory reset from the recovery menu, restarted, and it's working!
The Following User Says Thank You to Wehdota For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]