XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Q Rich- have i537 stuck on droid downloading

Tip us?

rpatrickii2
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Q Rich- have i537 stuck on droid downloading

I rooted s4 active with Geohot download. Everything was working great till I tried to change the theme with aprom tool n the phone tried to reboot n got stuck on the at&t logo. Tried power vol home nwiped cache n tried the reset n still nothing. With power vol up n home, ive tried all the options n nothing seems to work. Power vol down n home when I answer yes, it stays on downloading, do not turn off target. In the upper left corner it says ODIN MODE
PRODUCT NAME: SGH-i537
CURRENT BINARY: SAMSUNG OFFICIAL
SYSTEM STATUS: OFFICIAL
CSB CONFIG LSB: OX30
WRITE PROTECTION ENABLE
I'd greatly appreciate if someone could help me out.

rpatrickii2
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default please help

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpatrickii2 View Post
I rooted s4 active with Geohot download. Everything was working great till I tried to change the theme with aprom tool n the phone tried to reboot n got stuck on the at&t logo. Tried power vol home nwiped cache n tried the reset n still nothing. With power vol up n home, ive tried all the options n nothing seems to work. Power vol down n home when I answer yes, it stays on downloading, do not turn off target. In the upper left corner it says ODIN MODE
PRODUCT NAME: SGH-i537
CURRENT BINARY: SAMSUNG OFFICIAL
SYSTEM STATUS: OFFICIAL
CSB CONFIG LSB: OX30
WRITE PROTECTION ENABLE
I'd greatly appreciate if someone could help me out.

Well went to att and they tried their "secret reset" n it failed. I was wondering if anybody knows if you erase data n factory reset in Recovery Mode if theres still traces of the phone being rooted. Since my phone is still under warranty att is sending me a replacement but if they can tell it was rooted I've got to pay thr $550 for the replacement.

Devo7v
Old
Thanks Meter 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpatrickii2 View Post
Well went to att and they tried their "secret reset" n it failed. I was wondering if anybody knows if you erase data n factory reset in Recovery Mode if theres still traces of the phone being rooted. Since my phone is still under warranty att is sending me a replacement but if they can tell it was rooted I've got to pay thr $550 for the replacement.
If you want to avoid sending your phone in to the warranty center you have a couple of options:
  • You can Odin back to a pre-release version and have a fully functioning phone, but you will no longer receive official OTA updates (read more about this option here), or
  • You can take it to the Samsung Experience Shop at your local Best Buy and have them restore your phone to official stock MF3 (read more about this option here).

Other than that I don't really know what else you can do.