5,599,033 Members 32,021 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Orderd my Layblock Flip Wallet Case. Anyone Else Order One?

Tip us?

PowerMan572
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Default Orderd my Layblock Flip Wallet Case. Anyone Else Order One?

My Layblock wallet case should be here any day now. I ordered it almost 2 weeks ago. Anyone else order one? This is the most I've ever paid for a case, but since the phone is so big it will be nice to combine my wallet and phone into 1 item so I no longer have to carry 2 bulky items around in my pants.

The couple YouTube reviews I watched raved about this case and how good it was.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251350015359...84.m1497.l2649

zounduser
Old
Thanks Meter 1423

DONATE TO ME
That's a lot man

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
AT&T HTC ONE
VERIZON HTC ONE max
AT&T Galaxy Note 3
BLACKOUT SQUAD MEMBER
TEAM DART TESTER
VIPER ROM TESTER

int_architect
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerMan572 View Post
My Layblock wallet case should be here any day now. I ordered it almost 2 weeks ago. Anyone else order one? This is the most I've ever paid for a case, but since the phone is so big it will be nice to combine my wallet and phone into 1 item so I no longer have to carry 2 bulky items around in my pants.
I absolutely love the look of this case. I even almost bought one (Camel Brown) during Black Friday because Layblock was offering a 15% discount, but was still somewhat put off by the price. Ultimately, I decided against it when I came across some Chinese S-View knockoff cases. I still continue to check ebay and Zoarah for price drops on the Layblock case. The ebay price is about $10 more than the regular price around Thanksgiving, so I definitely wouldn't buy this case now. Another manufacturer that makes nice cases is Wetherby (Korean). One thing about the Layblock case that I simply couldn't get past is the massive cutout for the camera, and it was like that for all the colors. I just couldn't pay close to $60 for a case and settle for that. The tolerances on the knockoff S-View cases I have are very good.

HTC EVO3D (digitizer dying a slow death)
funeralized: HTC EVO 4G (cracked screen)
Asus Eee Pad Transformer - 16GB
Asus Eee Pad Transformer Dock

elvis1121
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default great hahhhhh

great hahhhhh

lift off
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:

Lovely wallet. Please share some actual photos when it arrives.
Also, be sure to use a screen protector with that. I can see all those cards scratching against the glass.

harajyuks
Old
Thanks Meter 103

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

Please be sure to use a GLASS screen protector with your case. Especially if you are going to be putting cards in all 3 slots for the case. You will find that over time the cards will start to etch lines into; and create uneven wear on the oleophobic coating an unprotected screen. The standard screen protector (I was using a Zagg Shield on my Note 2 when it happened to me) WILL NOT protect you from this. I think it's the pressure of the cards pressed up against the glass for long periods of time that create this problem.

I loved my wallet case for my Note 2, and paid about $50 for it, until I saw this starting to happen. I have one for my Note 3, the Poetic version. .. It only cost me $13 shipped... but have yet to use it, even though I do have a a glass screen protector. I plan for limited use eitherway, on a night when I'm going out, or want to class up my device a little bit. Even my glass screen protector has an oleophobic coating, and while it is replaceable, I don't want to accelerate the wear and tear on it... that thing was dammed expensive.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

barfingmonkey
Old
Thanks Meter 11

DONATE TO ME
yuck