XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HELP! Atrix HD Stuck in CM 10 Boot Animation

Tip us?

Gnahziurnah
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] HELP! Atrix HD Stuck in CM 10 Boot Animation

I just tried to install CM 10.1.3 on my Motorola Atrix HD.

I forgot to wipe data and cache before installing the ROM, and now it is stuck in the boot animation.

When I press the power and volume keys down together, it takes my phone to a black screen, and when I press them again on the black screen it gives me a brief menu that says

"Normal power up"
"Recovery"
"AP Fastboot"
"Factory"
and another one I can't recall.

This screen times out in about 3 seconds. and regardless of which item from the menu I select, it still shows my boot logo, then the CM animation. I cant boot into fastboot or recovery, and I can't find anything good online to help me.

Help! What do I do?

jaweinre
Old
(Last edited by jaweinre; 31st December 2013 at 03:29 PM.)
Thanks Meter 18
Hi. There's a catch about the bootloader mode (the menu you're describing). You have to press vol down to scroll down to Recovery, and then press vol up to select it. Pretty dumb IMO but that's how it is.

If you're completely sure you can't get to recovery using this method, you could try going into download mode and factory reset through fastboot:

Here's the guide to get fastboot working:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2226527

To go into download mode, shut down the phone completely, hold down the power button and volume down buttons. Then let go of the power button while still holding down the volume button and it should boot to fastboot (download) mode. The connect usb cable to your pc.

You can do a factory reset (format data and cache partitions) using fastboot -w.

Btw, is there any particular reason for going CM10? CM11 is just so much better now, nightlies are pretty good (12/20 has been rock solid for me, even with ART enabled).
Good luck!
Motorola Atrix HD Maxx [4.4.2][CM11 Nightlies]