XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Tab 2 won't charge and won't boot

Tip us?

BeginnerXx
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] Tab 2 won't charge and won't boot

So recently when i saw the cm 11 rom 4.4 for my tab 2 p3100 i decided i would update it...
I did the usual but when i went to install from zip it failed and gave the word (bad) after the file name...i decided to restore using nandroid backup but the md5 sums mismatched and i couldnt do so..
then i downloaded theee stock 4.2.2 rom from sammobile to flash and left my tab to charge for a whole day allthough it didnt show that it was charging...just the battery icon with the white lines but no charging shown...
i have a slow internet and i had to stop the downloads two times so by the time it was done my tab was left off for a whole day...
when i tried to switch it on it won't start so i can't go into download mode to flash the rom!!..
I left it to charge overnight and it switched on once during the morning but then my computer had to restart and i decided to restart the tab too...
but then it just died on me!..It won't switch on again....Now i have connected it to the usb port of my computer but it's still not showing whether it is charging...just the battery icon with the white lines in the center like it was loading or something!...
Please help!...

arevindh
Old
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Tab needs more power than usual usb ports provide. Use it with it's own charger.
For flashing cm11 you need latest version of CM 6.0.4.x. . See last forum post by me there "sam" posted a link to new cm flash with that first.

Sent from my GT-P3100 using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk