[Q] Need P7500 ROM to flash with ODIN

Tip us?

mrocca
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default [Q] Need P7500 ROM to flash with ODIN

Hi,

Is there any place where I can get a ROM in tar format fot the GT-P7500 so I can flash it with Odin?
I have searched everywhere and all I can find are ZIP files or broken links to TAR files.

The ROM in my P7500 was bad and I can not make it to boot or being seen by my Pc other than using ODIN.

I'll appreciate any help!
Thanks in Advance

Marcelo

eushaun99
Old
Thanks Meter 806
www.sammobile.com

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk HD

TnA.Plastic
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Just to "chime in".

Is there a thread/site, where Non-Stock-ROMs for Odin are linked?

mrocca
Old
(Last edited by mrocca; 24th December 2013 at 02:05 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by eushaun99 View Post
www.sammobile.com

Thanks eushaun99,

I've had terrible experience trying to download a file from sammobile / terafile without a Premium account. More than 6 hours downloading just to realize the file was bad.

I read many posts talking about sammoible for stock ROMs. Available ROMs files for downloading are ZIP files, not TAR or MD5.
Before paying for a Premium Account... Do you know if ZIP file contains any TAR or MD5 file in it as those are the file type I need to flash my P7500 with ODIN?

Thanks!
Marcelo
Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 / Tab 10.1 P7500

eushaun99
Old
Thanks Meter 806
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrocca View Post
Thanks eushaun99,

I've had terrible experience trying to download a file from sammobile / terafile without a Premium account. More than 6 hours downloading just to realize the file was bad.

I read many posts talking about sammoible for stock ROMs. Available ROMs files for downloading are ZIP files, not TAR or MD5.
Before paying for a Premium Account... Do you know if ZIP file contains any TAR or MD5 file in it as those are the file type I need to flash my P7500 with ODIN?

Thanks!
You don't have to buy the premium account. Admittedly I haven't tried downloading from terafile yet, but I guess the download speed could be due to your internet connection maybe?

Once you've downloaded the zip file, extract it. The .tar.md5 file is inside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnA.Plastic View Post
Just to "chime in".

Is there a thread/site, where Non-Stock-ROMs for Odin are linked?
There is no custom ROMs which is in tar format.

mrocca
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Thanks eushaun99!!
Your help is appreciated!

Have a nice day!
Marcelo

mrocca
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Thanks eushaun99!!
Your help is appreciated!

Have a nice day!
Just to wrap it up in case it helps anybody else....

I wasn't able to download the ROM from sammobile / terafile, transfers ended up with timeouts or Network errors even with Premium Account. Anyway, I don't have such a problem with any other site.

I was able to flash the ROM I have (that failed with CWM) using "adb sideload rom_filename.zip". The tool transferred the ROM and installed it.

Best Regards
Marcelo

windsguy
Old
(Last edited by windsguy; 30th December 2013 at 11:33 PM.) Reason: i fixed it
Thanks Meter 0
Default my samsung tablet is not bootable !!

can you send me this adb sideload rom_filename.zip ROM please ?
I followed all the steps in to
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...0#post48973460

but the cyanogenmod custom ROM failed to install on my samsung tablet p7510, and I didn't backup the original rom and there is no system to reboot it now !! is there another tool to transfer ROM to install it ??

Quote:
Just to wrap it up in case it helps anybody else....

I wasn't able to download the ROM from sammobile / terafile, transfers ended up with timeouts or Network errors even with Premium Account. Anyway, I don't have such a problem with any other site.

I was able to flash the ROM I have (that failed with CWM) using "adb sideload rom_filename.zip". The tool transferred the ROM and installed it.

Best Regards

ms.samsprung
Old
Thanks Meter 9
I was having similar problems recently, w/ my tab, w/ sammobile, w/ terafile, w/broken links, etc. Very frustrating, I felt like I was running around in circles & getting no where. Then I saw a suggestion (I thought it was on this thread actually) to go to Chainfire's website & odin flash the appropriate files found there. I did & worked like a charm. Only problem is I can't seem to replicate that "Web journey" so that I could link you to it. Like I mentioned earlier I was "running around" the web like crazy trying to figure this out and simply can't remember my exact steps. But, I hope this information at least gets you headed in the right direction.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Ms.Samsprung
Devices : Sam Vibrant , the phone that started it all > stolen ;
Sam Galaxy S 4g (8) most rooted/unlkd, stock rom > all retired or given out at Halloween;
Sam Galaxy S II , rooted/unlkd, various roms > Trade-in ;
Sam Galaxy S III (I passed > no quadcore)S.O.s phone, rooted slimbean > current ;
Sam Galaxy S IV my current phone, rooted/unlkd, stock MF9 w/ TWRP.
*Multiple SGTabs.

mrocca
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by windsguy View Post
can you send me this adb sideload rom_filename.zip ROM please ?
I followed all the steps in to
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...0#post48973460

but the cyanogenmod custom ROM failed to install on my samsung tablet p7510, and I didn't backup the original rom and there is no system to reboot it now !! is there another tool to transfer ROM to install it ??
Hi, excuse me for the late response!

The ROM I used to flash my P7500 with adb is the CM ROM from the following post... http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2098429
I have followed all steps in that post but I had to install Android SDK in order to use adb instead of Odin. Flashing with adb was so fast that I thought I did something wrong, but after rebooting the installation began and completed successfully.

I wasn't able to download any sideload ROM from sammobile, sorry.

I downloaded Android SDK from here: https://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html
You don't need to completed all mentioned steps just to get adb, just install the platform tools.

Hope this help!
Best Regards,
Marcelo
Marcelo

Tags
odin, rom, tar