MDK MJ7 ME7 WoW LoL Wut?

Tip us?

mastridonicus
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default MDK MJ7 ME7 WoW LoL Wut?

Hey guys,

I have never felt more new than in this moment. I have lurked here long as I dig for my answers rather than imposing on the community for repeating themselves.

That being the case, I am embarassed to ask but, I cannot seem to find a thread listing the Baseband and linking them to the best behavior for the user if they have them.

I BELIEVE I have MDK because I have teamwin installed, I seem to remember installing the MJ7 radio via Kernel whicj may explain the VM7 in the Baseband while only running android 4.2.2.

The problem is that now most ROMs (I just want a Stock 4.3/4.4 with vzw tethering) tell me that I need to be on MDK safestrapped, is there a way to know for sure that my baseband is, in fact, MDK? Besides Baseband?

Thanks.

Mistertac
Old
Thanks Meter 628
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastridonicus View Post
Hey guys,

I have never felt more new than in this moment. I have lurked here long as I dig for my answers rather than imposing on the community for repeating themselves.

That being the case, I am embarassed to ask but, I cannot seem to find a thread listing the Baseband and linking them to the best behavior for the user if they have them.

I BELIEVE I have MDK because I have teamwin installed, I seem to remember installing the MJ7 radio via Kernel whicj may explain the VM7 in the Baseband while only running android 4.2.2.

The problem is that now most ROMs (I just want a Stock 4.3/4.4 with vzw tethering) tell me that I need to be on MDK safestrapped, is there a way to know for sure that my baseband is, in fact, MDK? Besides Baseband?

Thanks.
I'd say that if you have TWRP you're on mdk. Safestrap is based off TWRP but you'd see a safestrap splash screen when rebooting.

Verizon Galaxy S4
SafeStrap 3.71
Hyperdrive 12

Eric214
Old
Thanks Meter 96
It's simple. If you have any custom recovery installed (twrp or cwm) you are on the original mdk firmware. No other firmware will allow custom recovery. And safestrap really only should be used if you can't get a custom recovery installed. Flashing a radio (baseband only changes) will not alter your firmware kernel or bootloader.
Current Phone

T-Mobile 32GB - Rooted (TWRP 2.6.3.8)

Current Tablet
Galaxy Note 10.1 32GB 2014 Edition

Retired Phones
Galaxy S4 (VZW MDK) sold to pay for my Note 3
Droid Bionic - Traded for Note 3
Droid X - Now a WiFi phone.