5,605,519 Members 45,583 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Is the ASUS TF300T worth spending time on?
No 0 0%
It is not up to today's Pad standards. 0 0%
Leave it stock and it works great. 0 0%
Rooting with the right software is stable. 5 100.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

[Q] Let's Start Over

Tip us?

JCtheWizard
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] Let's Start Over

A friend gave me an ASUS TF300 T pad that they rooted

It is very unstable and I would like to change it to a stable and functional ROM. I am quite computer literate and prior to owning a Samsung Galaxy S3 I installed several hacked updates to my Blackberry Storm (RIP)

With that said I do not know how to work with a rooted OS. I have looked around this site, read many threads, and visited other sites as well several times and have not found a concise, step by step process to make this product stable. I am also concerned that I could brick this pad and make it useless - but I can follow directions - and any help would be greatly appreciated.

The existing software installed is:

Andriod ver 4.2.2

Kernal 3.1.10-10.4.2.20
surdu@surdu #1
Sun Mar 3 12:55:21 CET 2013

AOKP ver Full_AOKP_TF300T_unofficial_Mar-03-13

Build number
Full_aokp_tf300t-userdebug 4.2.2 JDQ39 eng.surdu.20130303.124454 test-keys

I performed 2 backups on SD cards:

Using MyBackup Pro (free) all APPs
Using MyBackup Pro (free) system complete

I have not used this backup software previously and have not attempted to do a reinstall.

OK folks - where do I start - or tell me; is this machine worth the time to set it up as a stable tool?

Thanks so much!

cmendonc2
Old
Thanks Meter 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCtheWizard View Post
A friend gave me an ASUS TF300 T pad that they rooted

It is very unstable and I would like to change it to a stable and functional ROM. I am quite computer literate and prior to owning a Samsung Galaxy S3 I installed several hacked updates to my Blackberry Storm (RIP)

With that said I do not know how to work with a rooted OS. I have looked around this site, read many threads, and visited other sites as well several times and have not found a concise, step by step process to make this product stable. I am also concerned that I could brick this pad and make it useless - but I can follow directions - and any help would be greatly appreciated.

The existing software installed is:

Andriod ver 4.2.2

Kernal 3.1.10-10.4.2.20
surdu@surdu #1
Sun Mar 3 12:55:21 CET 2013

AOKP ver Full_AOKP_TF300T_unofficial_Mar-03-13

Build number
Full_aokp_tf300t-userdebug 4.2.2 JDQ39 eng.surdu.20130303.124454 test-keys

I performed 2 backups on SD cards:

Using MyBackup Pro (free) all APPs
Using MyBackup Pro (free) system complete

I have not used this backup software previously and have not attempted to do a reinstall.

OK folks - where do I start - or tell me; is this machine worth the time to set it up as a stable tool?

Thanks so much!
The KitKat ROMs are super stable and smooth. First, you will have to find out what bootloader you are on. Restart the tablet and press vol down while powering it back on. That will depend on what you have to do.
My Devices:

[Retired] Nook Color (CM10)

LG Optimus Dynamic II L39C (Stock, rooted)

Asus Tf300t (CM11)

Transformers: Install NvFlash for JellyBean Transformer bootloader to become unbrickable HERE Guide: Here!
Wantfree phone and tablet accessories or Google Play gift cards? Go HERE
The Following User Says Thank You to cmendonc2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JCtheWizard
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Default Bootloader Version

Thank you for your reply cmendonc2

Here is the current Bootloader:

Android cardhu-user bootloader <1.00 e> released by “US_epad-10.4.2.20-20121228” A03

OK - I'm ready.

cmendonc2
Old
Thanks Meter 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCtheWizard View Post
Thank you for your reply cmendonc2

Here is the current Bootloader:

Android cardhu-user bootloader <1.00 e> released by “US_epad-10.4.2.20-20121228” A03

OK - I'm ready.
OK so you are on the 4.1 bootloader. You will need to upgrade to the 4.2 bootloader before proceeding so flash that with fastboot. Then install the recovery from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...71&postcount=1 and restart back into android. Then you can install a kitKat ROM, like these:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2570965
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2575727
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1681014

NvFlash is also available for the device to make it unbrickable, if you desire. Link is in my sig.
My Devices:

[Retired] Nook Color (CM10)

LG Optimus Dynamic II L39C (Stock, rooted)

Asus Tf300t (CM11)

Transformers: Install NvFlash for JellyBean Transformer bootloader to become unbrickable HERE Guide: Here!
Wantfree phone and tablet accessories or Google Play gift cards? Go HERE
The Following User Says Thank You to cmendonc2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]