Notification problems

Tip us?

drocksmash
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Notification problems

Hello,

I have a note 2 running the beans 4.3 rom that came out a few weeks ago. The watch was working great with my note 2 as soon as I got that rom. Ever since the last update, when i get a notification on the phone and view it with the watch it sometimes stays on the phone as unread. Also, it will not count as "read" on the watch. I will have 43 notifications, even though I clicked and viewed each text message as it came in.

Any idea why after the last update the notifications are not working right? Pretty pointless to have to go through the watch to delete every message I had that day every night.

ProximaC
Old
Thanks Meter 8
It broke for me too on the first update to Gear Manager after I updated to the Euro MK7 rom. It's been driving me crazy. When I first put MK7 on it was working perfect until the next update of GM. Now none of the notifications will clear automatically, for any app.

JasW
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProximaC View Post
It broke for me too on the first update to Gear Manager after I updated to the Euro MK7 rom. It's been driving me crazy. When I first put MK7 on it was working perfect until the next update of GM. Now none of the notifications will clear automatically, for any app.
This is worse than I thought -- I installed an app (EasilyDo) whose notification didn't clear. I decided I didn't like/want the app anyway, and uninstalled it. However, its notification is still there! Reboots of phone and watch haven't gotten rid of it. Holy moly. I imagine I'd have to reset the Gear, but if anyone has a better idea, I'm all ears.

drocksmash
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasW View Post
This is worse than I thought -- I installed an app (EasilyDo) whose notification didn't clear. I decided I didn't like/want the app anyway, and uninstalled it. However, its notification is still there! Reboots of phone and watch haven't gotten rid of it. Holy moly. I imagine I'd have to reset the Gear, but if anyone has a better idea, I'm all ears.

No one seems to have an answer to this...

I have reset the gear and reconfigured everything. Same problem.

If i get a text message and read it on the gear, it correctly labels the message as read on phone (working)

If i get a text message and decided to read it on the phone, it still shows as unread on the gear. At the end of every day I have over 100 text messages and 100 emails to manually delete from the watch.

This has rendered the watch pointless...

Does anyone have any ideas?

ProximaC
Old
Thanks Meter 8
This morning's Gear Manager update seems to have fixed some of it. Email notifications have been clearing for me when I delete the email at least. I still have a stuck "Missed Call", and I don't think it cleared a G+ notification, or maybe I didn't give it enough time. Anyway, it looks to be a step forward.

JasW
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
This morning's Gear Manager update seems to have fixed some of it. Email notifications have been clearing for me when I delete the email at least. I still have a stuck "Missed Call", and I don't think it cleared a G+ notification, or maybe I didn't give it enough time. Anyway, it looks to be a step forward.
Unfortunately, I've not gotten the update yet. I did reset my Gear last night and reinstalled Gear Manager. That cleared the uninstalled app still sitting resident in Notifications. Not the Gmail problem, though. That's the only email notification problem I have -- my work email (thank jeebus), Outlook, and a couple of Yahoo based accounts all work flawlessly.

drocksmash
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
what is this update you speak of

JasW
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by drocksmash View Post
what is this update you speak of
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2592301

I haven't gotten it either. In fact, I have no idea how one gets it -- automatic? notification? Although you can check for a Gear update in Gear Manager, there's no place (that I can see) to check for a Gear Manager update.

ProximaC
Old
Thanks Meter 8
I just went into Samsung Apps, wait a moment, hit Menu, then Purchased. It tells you if you have apps to update.

JasW
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
I just went into Samsung Apps, wait a moment, hit Menu, then Purchased. It tells you if you have apps to update.
Yeah, I finally got it from the Samsung Apps app. I'd been stupidly going into Samsung Apps from the Gear Manager menu, not finding Gear Manager at all, when the fog in my brain cleared and I realized that's only for looking for Gear apps. In any event, Gmail notifications finally now work fine.