5,594,077 Members 47,099 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Note 2 imei different from back panel

Tip us?

ibraahim
Old
(Last edited by ibraahim; 31st December 2013 at 04:41 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default Note 2 imei different from back panel

Experts. One of my friend bought a note 2 n7100 and has been using it since a few days. He wanted to upgrade so he tried to sell it to a second hand dealer, who notice that the imei was different from what was printed on the back panel. The phone is on stock 4.3 with knox count on zero. How can I help him get back the original imei. BTW the phone is working normal, problem is just the bogus imei.

Thanks.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

calichelozano
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibraahim View Post
Experts. One of my friend bought a note 2 n7100 and has been using it since a few days. He wanted to upgrade so he tried to sell it to a second hand dealer, who notice that the imei was different from what was printed on the back panel. The phone is on stock 4.3 with knox count on zero. How can I help him get back the original imei. BTW the phone is working normal, problem is just the bogus imei.

Thanks.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
Well, there are two possibilities:

1) The phone might be stolen and reported, so somebody changed the internal imei so it could work on networks. Find a website on your country where you can verify reported imeis and find out, but search the one on the back behind the battery, that's the one that matters (real one).

2) Thre imei might have been changed during another rom flash, sometimes that causes the imei to get corrupted and needs to be fixed and it can only be done by real samsung or mobile operators support.

Hope this helps. If it did, hit the thanks button.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app