XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

can i get a chinese gionee e7l on usa verizon with a sim

Tip us?

jaysawatzki
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Angry can i get a chinese gionee e7l on usa verizon with a sim

i understand that it uses a sim card just like all usa 4g phones... can i just go to verizon and get a 4g sim card and plug it in?

it runs on lte and wcdma, which may or maynot be different then cdma. at the very least it seems to me that i should be able to get lte working with verizon service, correct me if i am wrong.

can i possibly get calls on it also? or will it be limited to lte internet service?

to find info about the phone, google gionee e7

it seems like it is worth 600 bucks, even if i cant get lte on it,, lol... fastest phone in the world ftw

also, will it support english language like all android phones?

thanks a lot guys and gals. seems to me it would be a fun toy to own. afterall if i can root it i can probably clock it to like 2.7ghz =D he he

Tyr808
Old
Thanks Meter 0
We'll be getting them in Taiwan soon under the name G-Plus instead of Gionee, and for whatever reason, they will be cheaper here than in China but literally the exact same devices, so perhaps you can find a Taiwanese vendor online. Just check the frequencies and bands supported by the phone and compare it to that of verizon's network. I see it listed as dual-sim dual-standby supporting pretty much everything, so I don't see why it wouldn't honestly. I'm personally very excited for this device. Currently we have the E7 confirmed for launch here in January, but not necessarily the E7L (LTE only starts this year for us, so they may not bother with the E7L unfortunately).

Cellular Networks: GSM850, GSM900, GSM1800, GSM1900, UMTS900 (B8), UMTS2100 (B1)
Cellular Data Links: GPRS, EDGE, UMTS, HSDPA, HSUPA, HSPA+

Secondary Cellular Networks: TD-SCDMA2000, TD-SCDMA1900, LTE2600 (B7), TD-LTE2300 (B40)
Secondary Cellular Data Links: TD-SCDMA, TD-HSDPA, LTE, LTE-A