5,599,394 Members 38,097 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Viber contacts sync problem.

Tip us?

Cassius Away
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Viber contacts sync problem.

Hello, I have a problem with Viber and getting it to identify contacts on the tab..
I have added a couple of contacts with their numbers, which are their viber numbers as well (complete with country code),
but viber will not identify them as viber contacts no matter what.
After the account setup it just stays at syncing contacts for ever, no matter how long i leave it. I have done multiple reinstalls/viber data wipes/reboots.
Has anyone had their contacts successfully identified with viber? May it be that it cannot access the contacts app? This viber account has been used for a while on an ipad but it has no contacts saved.

Viber Team
Old
Thanks Meter 511
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassius Away View Post
Hello, I have a problem with Viber and getting it to identify contacts on the tab..
I have added a couple of contacts with their numbers, which are their viber numbers as well (complete with country code),
but viber will not identify them as viber contacts no matter what.
After the account setup it just stays at syncing contacts for ever, no matter how long i leave it. I have done multiple reinstalls/viber data wipes/reboots.
Has anyone had their contacts successfully identified with viber? May it be that it cannot access the contacts app? This viber account has been used for a while on an ipad but it has no contacts saved.
Hi,Please try the following:
1. Ensure that you have a strong Wi-Fi, 3G or 4G connection
2. Try a manual sync by selecting “Update contacts” (From your Viber contact list, select the menu button and then select “Update contacts”)
3. Uninstall Viber and then re-install. Note that this may delete your message history. Create a backup file for your message history.*
4. As a last resort, deactivate Viber and then reactivate.

Let me know if the issue persists.
Thanks!

*To back up your message history:
1. Select Options
2. Select More options
3. Select Settings
4. Select Email message history
An official representative of Viber Media (Viber app.)