XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Need help ASAP -- Bootloop

Tip us?

BlackHayze
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default Need help ASAP -- Bootloop

OK, so I went into TWRP 2.6.0.0 and tried to flash CM 10.2. It came up with an error so I restored using the backup I had made, and after the restore it told me that root permissions had been lost, and asked if I wanted to fix it. I swiped to rix root permissions, and now it doesn't seem to be able to boot up.

It gets through the boot animation fine, bu gets stuck on the final screen where it flashes SAMSUNG across the screen. I can boot back into TWRP and have tried wiping data and starting fresh, installing a different ROM, everything I can to try to get it to start fresh, but the phone always gets stuck at the same screen flashing SAMSUNG.

Any ideas of what I should do to remedy this problem??

SGSIIIJB
Old
Thanks Meter 191

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHayze View Post
OK, so I went into TWRP 2.6.0.0 and tried to flash CM 10.2. It came up with an error so I restored using the backup I had made, and after the restore it told me that root permissions had been lost, and asked if I wanted to fix it. I swiped to rix root permissions, and now it doesn't seem to be able to boot up.

It gets through the boot animation fine, bu gets stuck on the final screen where it flashes SAMSUNG across the screen. I can boot back into TWRP and have tried wiping data and starting fresh, installing a different ROM, everything I can to try to get it to start fresh, but the phone always gets stuck at the same screen flashing SAMSUNG.

Any ideas of what I should do to remedy this problem??
Start fresh again but this time in TWRP goto wipe/system that will rid all old rom files which sounds like your issue, worth a shot
The Following User Says Thank You to SGSIIIJB For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BlackHayze
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGSIIIJB View Post
Start fresh again but this time in TWRP goto wipe/system that will rid all old rom files which sounds like your issue, worth a shot
Hopefully I can get a fast response here, I did that, but got a warning "No OS installed" before rebooting. Is that just telling me no ROM installed or does that literally mean that there is not an OS on the phone anymore? The second option seems unlikely but I don't want to risk it and mess things up even further.

SGSIIIJB
Old
(Last edited by SGSIIIJB; 31st December 2013 at 06:04 PM.)
Thanks Meter 191

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Hopefully I can get a fast response here, I did that, but got a warning "No OS installed" before rebooting. Is that just telling me no ROM installed or does that literally mean that there is not an OS on the phone anymore? The second option seems unlikely but I don't want to risk it and mess things up even further.
well after you wipe everything including system you need to install a rom. IF your NOT currently OTA updated to 4.3 use billard's zip:::::
[ROM/RESTORE][!MD4 OTA!](5-10)Quick Return to UNROOTED STOCK WITH FLASH COUNT RESET
Wipe everything :/system
Flash billards zip
Flash root.zip to keep root
Flash recovery zip to keep custom recovery
reboot

BlackHayze
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
well after you wipe everything including system you need to install a rom. IF your NOT currently OTA updated to 4.3 use billard's zip:::::
[ROM/RESTORE][!MD4 OTA!](5-10)Quick Return to UNROOTED STOCK WITH FLASH COUNT RESET
OK, I'll try to find a ROM to install really quickly just in case, but the problem comes in somehow I get an error on every single ROM I try to install, still don't know the issue, as I have installed many ROMs on my One without issue (this is my mom's S3, she just wants tethering to be a native feature on her phone.)

BAReese
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
OK, I'll try to find a ROM to install really quickly just in case, but the problem comes in somehow I get an error on every single ROM I try to install, still don't know the issue, as I have installed many ROMs on my One without issue (this is my mom's S3, she just wants tethering to be a native feature on her phone.)
If that's the case, I'd recommend this ROM: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2549136 I installed the SPHL710_ALLINONE_MK3_ODEX_12-04-2013_1030pm.zip which includes the latest stock 4.3 without all the KNOX stuff and with native tethering.

It also wipes the system partition for you.

Good luck!!
The Following User Says Thank You to BAReese For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SGSIIIJB
Old
Thanks Meter 191

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Shouldnt be getting any errors installing/switching roms if your wiping correctly, If native tether is all your after then most if not all custom roms come with it enabled or you can keep stock rom and just flash the hotspot mod [MOD][Deodex][Odex][MB1][MC3][MD4][MK3]Hotspot Mod - Working 4G
The Following User Says Thank You to SGSIIIJB For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BlackHayze
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAReese View Post
If that's the case, I'd recommend this ROM: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2549136 I installed the SPHL710_ALLINONE_MK3_ODEX_12-04-2013_1030pm.zip which includes the latest stock 4.3 without all the KNOX stuff and with native tethering.

Good luck!!
Thank you! I will give this one a shot!

BlackHayze
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Shouldnt be getting any errors installing/switching roms if your wiping correctly, If native tether is all your after then most if not all custom roms come with it enabled or you can keep stock rom and just flash the hotspot mod [MOD][Deodex][Odex][MB1][MC3][MD4][MK3]Hotspot Mod - Working 4G
I'm just as confused as anyone as to why I'm getting errors. The phone has proper root access and is running on TWRP, the same recovery I use on my One, and I have done at least 50-60 flashes of ROMs on that phone, without issue. I keep getting virtually the same error, something wrong with executing the updater binary in zip.

BlackHayze
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAReese View Post

Good luck!!
The ALLINONE worked! Thank you so much for the help guys! I appreciate it!

The Following User Says Thank You to BlackHayze For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]