[Q] GN3N9005 problems with mobile data

Tip us?

YamiNoPhoenix
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] GN3N9005 problems with mobile data

Greetings,
I just bought a Galaxy Note 3 N9005 by ebay. It seems to be from France, EU. I'm from Mexico and I'm using Movistar.
Before I bought this phone, I read about edge, H, 3G and 4G compatibility, and everything was ok with its specifications.

Once I got the phone, I inserted my SIM and it auto-configure the phone, and I could call my friends, connect via wi-fi, send message, etc... the only problem I found was that I couldn't connect by data mobile, I checked the APN settings and it was ok. I did a factory data reset and it didn't change.

I have been reading a lot here and I found that this could be because EU restriction, but everywhere I read this, it seems like any functionality works when it's the case. I also saw that this could be solve rooting my phone and installing a ROM.

This phone was factory unclocked, without carrier and inside its box with the label from france.

could someone help me with this, is this normal o I need to return my phone and change it?

Thanks.
If I missed some information, please let me know.
I'm sorry if there was a topic related with this, I looked up for it and I didn't find it.

Solarenemy68
Old
Thanks Meter 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by YamiNoPhoenix View Post
Greetings,
I just bought a Galaxy Note 3 N9005 by ebay. It seems to be from France, EU. I'm from Mexico and I'm using Movistar.
Before I bought this phone, I read about edge, H, 3G and 4G compatibility, and everything was ok with its specifications.

Once I got the phone, I inserted my SIM and it auto-configure the phone, and I could call my friends, connect via wi-fi, send message, etc... the only problem I found was that I couldn't connect by data mobile, I checked the APN settings and it was ok. I did a factory data reset and it didn't change.

I have been reading a lot here and I found that this could be because EU restriction, but everywhere I read this, it seems like any functionality works when it's the case. I also saw that this could be solve rooting my phone and installing a ROM.

This phone was factory unclocked, without carrier and inside its box with the label from france.

could someone help me with this, is this normal o I need to return my phone and change it?

Thanks.
If I missed some information, please let me know.
I'm sorry if there was a topic related with this, I looked up for it and I didn't find it.
This section is for the AT&T version as known as the SM-900A. Yours is not the AT&T version so please ask your question in the regular N3 section.

YamiNoPhoenix
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solarenemy68 View Post
This section is for the AT&T version as known as the SM-900A. Yours is not the AT&T version so please ask your question in the regular N3 section.
Oh yes, sorry. I didn't realize that.

Thanks