5,599,033 Members 32,021 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Galaxy Sl boot loop after physical Damage

Tip us?

farzad.u235
Old
(Last edited by farzad.u235; 29th December 2013 at 11:04 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 172
Default Galaxy Sl boot loop after physical Damage

At first I should say that it is not my phone and don't know how exactly what happened to it
One of my friend gave it to me and told that after dropping from 1meter on the ground phone
start auto rest some times in day and after one month it got boot loop.
he take the phone to a person to fix but that guy
Said :the hard don't work.
so he decided to buy a new phone and now he asked me to find a way for fixing.
I don't believe that the hard don't work cuz I have damaged my phone hard by repapartitioning from Emmc to MTD.if the hard dosent work the phone shouldn't turn on.

Now I have a galaxy sl which could be turned on and can go to downloading mod. what should I do? his owner said he have flashed a Rom once but no result.
is there a way for fixing?
PROJECTS

SENSE 2.1 For GIO (Back To Work)

U235 kernel For Galaxy Gio

Samsung e490>>>Galaxy Gio>>>Galaxy s III>>>Xperia z (Still Love GIO)

Press Thanks If I helped You !

jitendragarg
Old
Thanks Meter 48
We can't say if there is a hardware damage, for sure. But, if you want to flash a new firmware, check this thread. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1894737

If the phone works well after flashing new rom, then all is fine. If not, you can go to Samsung's service center and get it checked.

farzad.u235
Old
(Last edited by farzad.u235; 29th December 2013 at 01:36 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by jitendragarg View Post
We can't say if there is a hardware damage, for sure. But, if you want to flash a new firmware, check this thread. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1894737

If the phone works well after flashing new rom, then all is fine. If not, you can go to Samsung's service center and get it checked.

Unfortunately the pc say it is unknown device I have tried different ways but no result...

Is there a way to install the cwm from stock recovery?
PROJECTS

jitendragarg
Old
Thanks Meter 48
As far as I know, you need to connect your phone to pc to install any cwm. try reinstalling the Samsung mobile drivers, and reconnecting the phone in download mode. as long as odin detects phone in download mode, everything else is secondary.

ziointrud3r
Old
Thanks Meter 2
if the internal sd is gone just stick in an external one and try flash a new rom it will install to external sd (if works like the i9000)

have you installed kies or the usb driver only package ?

farzad.u235
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziointrud3r View Post
if the internal sd is gone just stick in an external one and try flash a new rom it will install to external sd (if works like the i9000)

have you installed kies or the usb driver only package ?
the sd card work(dont know about internal)and when i go to stock recovery it detects but. ihave installed samsung usb driver
and i had galaxy s3 too so i know how does samsung devices work..i am wondering is ther a way to install clockwork recovery on galaxy sl with stock recovery...cuz when the phone go to download mod windows says unkown device .

i dont know what should i do
PROJECTS

ziointrud3r
Old
Thanks Meter 2
with odin 1.85 or 1.83(later versions seems to have some issues with this phone) even if windows doesn't recognize the phone it must be shown as a connected com port (with my original rom the phone has never been recognized by the sistem)
if this dosen't occur i think you cuold try to use hendmall on any linux live distro or adb but with standard recovery i don't know if you can access the phone trought it

the install update from .zip in standard recovery if i remember well dosen't workin this case it gives error probably because the original samsung rom packages are recognized by the SS_DL.dll or any other file inside of it inside all the official roms but this is just my modest opinion i'm not sure at 100% on the ddl story you have nothing to loose anyway so you can give a try with this way