XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

S pen will not unlock lock screen

Tip us?

ymcachef
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default S pen will not unlock lock screen

On my Note 3 AT&T lock screen my signature unlock stopped working. Any suggestions on how to fix this ?

FourPointedFreak
Old
Thanks Meter 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by ymcachef View Post
On my Note 3 AT&T lock screen my signature unlock stopped working. Any suggestions on how to fix this ?
I assumed under Settings > Controls > S Pen, all of your settings are not configured to "Off"? Are you rooted and may have frozen something or tweaked something to prevent this?

Past software, it could be a hardware sensor on your device where the S Pen enters - I would try changing the tip of your pin (you should've gotten extra tips and a a tweezers tool for removal) and see if that makes a difference.
Device: LG Nexus 5 (D820) on AT&T's LTE
ROM: Cyanogenmod 11
-Thanks Are Appreciated-

The Following User Says Thank You to FourPointedFreak For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ymcachef
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by FourPointedFreak View Post
I assumed under Settings > Controls > S Pen, all of your settings are not configured to "Off"? Are you rooted and may have frozen something or tweaked something to prevent this?

Past software, it could be a hardware sensor on your device where the S Pen enters - I would try changing the tip of your pin (you should've gotten extra tips and a a tweezers tool for removal) and see if that makes a difference.
Thanks for the reply, all S Pen settings are on. device is rooted via Kingo with Safestrap. I did a restore from Safestrap. as the S Pen was working last night. changed tip no change. any other suggestions ?