5,605,250 Members 38,576 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nexus 10 taking more than a day to charge!!

Tip us?

workerantDroid
Old
Thanks Meter 4
here are a few points

1) the AC USB come with N10 charge up to 2A.
2) the mini USB limit to about 1A
3) if you use other mini charger, that 1A is even smaller.
4) N10 battery is HUGE comparing to all tablet out there. It will take a long time to charge

Solution: get the pogo charging cable that cost $25 (very expensive and can only use for charging), that will fully charge 2A to your tablet which should reduce the time to less than 4hrs given no other power hog apps running at the same time. It will charge slower if that power hog app running too. You can tell by how warm/hot your tablet gets when running such app.

btw, go look at the disassemble of the N10. That battle makeup most of the tablet. LOL

nigelhealy
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by workerantDroid View Post
here are a few points

1) the AC USB come with N10 charge up to 2A.
2) the mini USB limit to about 1A
3) if you use other mini charger, that 1A is even smaller.
4) N10 battery is HUGE comparing to all tablet out there. It will take a long time to charge

Solution: get the pogo charging cable that cost $25 (very expensive and can only use for charging), that will fully charge 2A to your tablet which should reduce the time to less than 4hrs given no other power hog apps running at the same time. It will charge slower if that power hog app running too. You can tell by how warm/hot your tablet gets when running such app.

btw, go look at the disassemble of the N10. That battle makeup most of the tablet. LOL
Agree, BUT once you get >85% the rate of charge intake drops. I can get to 85% in 3.9 hours using Pogo cable, but that last 85%-100% is slower. My battery meter sees one kink 85-90 another 90-95 and a slow crawl 95-100. As the battery is not taking up 2A >85%, all chargers, all cables, will largely take the same 85%-100% but the Pogo cable with 2A input will get you to 85% quicker.

I have moved to a dual 2.1A output PSU.
Nexus 4 Stock 4.4.2+ Ziddey-franco r199 (OTG) , Nexus 7 stock 4.4.2+ Franco #76, Nexus 10 stock 4.4.2+ tan-ce kernel (ppp-widget)

HyperTension
Old
Thanks Meter 4
duplicate post.
Sexy Nexy!! (10 & Galaxy Nexus) Rooted like a weed.

nigelhealy
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTension View Post
duplicate post.
I know you revised the post but just looked at the link to the PSU you mentioned.

Note that $10 one is dual USB socket but only 2.4A total meaning if it is charging the N10 taking 2A it can only offer 0.4A to something else meaning that other thing can only be something like a phone. More importantly is the opposite if you connect a powerpack USB battery which takes say 1.5A or 2A then your Pogo cable cannot deliver its full capability.

The PSU I mentioned earlier is dual 2.1A both concurrently meaning it can charge the N10 and something else also power-hungry like charging a 2A input or 1.5A input USB battery.

There are PSUs out there which can do 4 lots of 2A concurrent, I didn't get one as they were getting chunky and personally prefer two PSUs, a 2x2A + 1A for total 5A which does my N10, my USB battery (2+2) and my phone (1) concurrently taking two power sockets.

Check the details of specifications of these devices, PSUs and batteries vary wildly.
Nexus 4 Stock 4.4.2+ Ziddey-franco r199 (OTG) , Nexus 7 stock 4.4.2+ Franco #76, Nexus 10 stock 4.4.2+ tan-ce kernel (ppp-widget)