5,600,612 Members 34,143 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] LG G2 Rooted & Unlocked & Lost...

Tip us?

tomemail
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] LG G2 Rooted & Unlocked & Lost...

I've searched, but only found the complete instructions, not just to start where I am now...

I have a "like new" LG G2 that I bought. It came unlocked and rooted with CyanogenMod. Without having done the rooting myself from the beginning, I'm not sure what all I need. Can someone tell me (or point to the correct thread) what I need to load to my phone to be able to flash another ROM if I'd like?

I'd like to go the a clean AT&T ROM, or another possibly. I have confirmed that it is rooted and unlocked. It's been a couple of years since I've rooted anything. The phone came with terminal emulator on it, but that's it other than the standard apps.

Thx up front for any help

Lawlrus
Old
Thanks Meter 560
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomemail View Post
I've searched, but only found the complete instructions, not just to start where I am now...

I have a "like new" LG G2 that I bought. It came unlocked and rooted with CyanogenMod. Without having done the rooting myself from the beginning, I'm not sure what all I need. Can someone tell me (or point to the correct thread) what I need to load to my phone to be able to flash another ROM if I'd like?

I'd like to go the a clean AT&T ROM, or another possibly. I have confirmed that it is rooted and unlocked. It's been a couple of years since I've rooted anything. The phone came with terminal emulator on it, but that's it other than the standard apps.

Thx up front for any help
You should have everything that you "need" if there is a custom ROM on there. Download clean ROM and the gapps and follow how they want you to install it.

Reboot into recovery and wipe your data. Then flash the ROM zip file, then gapps

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 PM ----------

Never wipe internal data

---------- Post added at 04:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 PM ----------

Also either make a backup in your recovery or download nandroid. Always keep a backup of a working ROM installed. In case you download a borked zip filw

tomemail
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawlrus View Post
You should have everything that you "need" if there is a custom ROM on there. Download clean ROM and the gapps and follow how they want you to install it.

Reboot into recovery and wipe your data. Then flash the ROM zip file, then gapps

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 PM ----------

Never wipe internal data

---------- Post added at 04:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 PM ----------

Also either make a backup in your recovery or download nandroid. Always keep a backup of a working ROM installed. In case you download a borked zip filw

Thx for the quick reply...

I downloaded ROM Manager and apparently already have TWRP.

I should do it all from my phone then?

Thank Again!

Lawlrus
Old
Thanks Meter 560
Yes. If you can't hold the power button and boot into recovery (on some cm Roms you need to activate advanced boot in Dev options) I used ROM toolbox lite. For making back ups. Freezing apps, and there is a button you can click on to boot into recovery.

For whatever reason. Going into twrp and trying to make a back up with never work. But when I would use ROM toolbox and click on make a backup there, they all restored flawlessly

---------- Post added at 05:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 PM ----------

Just boot into recovery and flash away. Always back up and never wipe internal data and you should be good to go.

I always made sure I kept a working ROM zip file downloaded as well. If you wipe and go to install a zip and it is borked. And your backup some how gets corrupted, you will always have that third option before having to push a ROM or factory reset.

tomemail
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Yes. If you can't hold the power button and boot into recovery (on some cm Roms you need to activate advanced boot in Dev options) I used ROM toolbox lite. For making back ups. Freezing apps, and there is a button you can click on to boot into recovery.

For whatever reason. Going into twrp and trying to make a back up with never work. But when I would use ROM toolbox and click on make a backup there, they all restored flawlessly

---------- Post added at 05:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 PM ----------

Just boot into recovery and flash away. Always back up and never wipe internal data and you should be good to go.

I always made sure I kept a working ROM zip file downloaded as well. If you wipe and go to install a zip and it is borked. And your backup some how gets corrupted, you will always have that third option before having to push a ROM or factory reset.

Excellent!

Appreciate it Lawlrus

tomemail
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:

Never wipe internal data

Ok, so everything worked perfectly on the flashing. All is good to go and very happy...!
I have added about 2gb of data to the phone. LG G2 with 32gb total. I have about 18.6gb free space left...is that typical, or do you believe I have a lot of extra debris that I should remove from internal storage?

Thx Again