5,605,438 Members 43,280 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

If i have an android phone & tablet what happens when i restore one..

Tip us?

james_lpool
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default If i have an android phone & tablet what happens when i restore one..

What i mean is, when i first started on both, i logged onto my google account, im wondering now i have both setup and both are logged on to the same google account. well both have different apps etc, some are the same, does the backup thats created on google for each specifc device, so if i formatted my tablet then re-logged onto my google account, will it only download the apps that were on the tablet or does it make a restore from both devices?

I just dont want to ever end up having to download everything from both devices.

thanks

james
Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505

spazzynexus
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by james_lpool View Post
What i mean is, when i first started on both, i logged onto my google account, im wondering now i have both setup and both are logged on to the same google account. well both have different apps etc, some are the same, does the backup thats created on google for each specifc device, so if i formatted my tablet then re-logged onto my google account, will it only download the apps that were on the tablet or does it make a restore from both devices?

I just dont want to ever end up having to download everything from both devices.

thanks

james
Only the apps you had on that certain device will be restored back. So if you restore your phones, all your apps you had on it will be installed again. And if you restore your tablet only the apps you had on your tablet will be restored back.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

apollo361
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Which does kind of suck if that's true.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium