5,596,235 Members 35,882 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Verizon SIM on international Note 3

Tip us?

Fast-T
Old
(Last edited by Fast-T; 27th December 2013 at 05:02 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Verizon SIM on international Note 3

Hi,

I just moved to the US and have a German Note 3 which is free for all carriers. My employer gave me a Verizon SIM to be used while being in the US.
I cannot activate the phone with the SIM and Verizon tells it won't work since the phone is not a Verizon Note 3.

Is there any way to flash the phone with a Verizon firmware or open it to a Verizon SIM in another way?

The phone does not have the region lock from Samsung anymore since I have used it in Germany for a month with a local provider.

Thanks much
Torsten

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

akellar
Old
Thanks Meter 1715
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast-T View Post
Hi,

I just moved to the US and have a German Note 3 which is free for all carriers. My employer gave me a Verizon SIM to be used while being in the US.
I cannot activate the phone with the SIM and Verizon tells it won't work since the phone is not a Verizon Note 3.

Is there any way to flash the phone with a Verizon firmware or open it to a Verizon SIM in another way?

The phone does not have the region lock from Samsung anymore since I have used it in Germany for a month with a local provider.

Thanks much
Torsten

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Can't be done. Verizon variant has different radios and Verizon won't activate non-Verizon devices on their network anyway.
Please note, I do not do ROM support via PM. If you have a question, ask in the device thread. Thanks.

Fast-T
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Thanks. So now I have a international Note 3 for sale ...

Gesendet von meinem iPad mit Tapatalk HD
The Following User Says Thank You to Fast-T For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]