5,606,347 Members 33,400 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Endless (almost) notifications

Tip us?
 
Irish Guy
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 12
Join Date: Dec 2013
Default Endless (almost) notifications

If I have not opened my Nexus 7 in a few days, upon starting it will cycle through notifications for every email, Facebook update etc. from that time period.

Is there any way to control this?
 
PhilipTD
Old
#2  
PhilipTD's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 350
Posts: 1,682
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NYC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Guy View Post
If I have not opened my Nexus 7 in a few days, upon starting it will cycle through notifications for every email, Facebook update etc. from that time period.

Is there any way to control this?
You have "Notify for every message" enabled?

Sent from my Nexus 5

NEXUS 5 D820 STOCK KK442 FK47 DALVIK XPOSED TWRP2734

 
 
Irish Guy
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 12
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipTD View Post
You have "Notify for every message" enabled?

Sent from my Nexus 5
I am not sure about that option.

It is useful to be notified for each message during the time period when the tablet is on, but can be overwhelming if it is a week`s worth of messages.
 
PhilipTD
Old
#4  
PhilipTD's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 350
Posts: 1,682
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NYC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Guy View Post
I am not sure about that option.

It is useful to be notified for each message during the time period when the tablet is on, but can be overwhelming if it is a week`s worth of messages.
Why not simply open gmail on a PC? Once they're read, they won't download to the phone.



Sent from my Nexus 5

NEXUS 5 D820 STOCK KK442 FK47 DALVIK XPOSED TWRP2734

 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes