XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Chile S3 question

Tip us?

anthonyss89
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Chile S3 question

Hello I am in Chile because of my job, now i remember rooting my phone , now i got a GSM sim down here i can make phone calls but not use the data ... why>?!?!?!?!!??!?!?

SlimSnoopOS
Old
Thanks Meter 1706
You need to edit your APNs

Try either:

1) Going into Mobile Networks and manually inputting your carrier's APNs
2) adding apn's via this method
3) Maybe try step A3 from here. If you decide to do steps B1-4, ignore any mention of Phone Info and use Settings/Mobile Networks/Mobile Networks Settings/Preferred Network Type to toggle Global (as you've probably already done)

I have absolutely no experience with any of this. I've read a good bit on this as I've been on this phone.
[VZW] Samsung Galaxy SIII
[last device]
Droid Incroyable

anthonyss89
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Ah ok thank you i will try to do that, thing is idk what is the apn for the carrier down here that i an using . i will def check out the site u gave me once i get home snice im always traveling i get limited internet on wifi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimSnoopOS View Post
You need to edit your APNs

Try either:

1) Going into Mobile Networks and manually inputting your carrier's APNs
2) adding apn's via this method
3) Maybe try step A3 from here. If you decide to do steps B1-4, ignore any mention of Phone Info and use Settings/Mobile Networks/Mobile Networks Settings/Preferred Network Type to toggle Global (as you've probably already done)

I have absolutely no experience with any of this. I've read a good bit on this as I've been on this phone.