XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HTC One Mini with USB OTG cable

Tip us?

pip1755
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Post [Q] HTC One Mini with USB OTG cable

Hi, Just had my HTC One Mini updated to Android 4.3 with Sense 5.5. Since this update, whenever I plug in a USB OTG cable, the red charging indicator comes on with the battery symbol changing to charging mode. This never happened before update!!. Problem is when now using USB memory stick, battery drains very quickly. Again, didn't happen before update.

Anybody got the same problem and hopefully a resolution?

Thanks

nelvinchi
Old
(Last edited by nelvinchi; 1st January 2014 at 12:48 AM.) Reason: Adding info
Thanks Meter 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by pip1755 View Post
Hi, Just had my HTC One Mini updated to Android 4.3 with Sense 5.5. Since this update, whenever I plug in a USB OTG cable, the red charging indicator comes on with the battery symbol changing to charging mode. This never happened before update!!. Problem is when now using USB memory stick, battery drains very quickly. Again, didn't happen before update.

Anybody got the same problem and hopefully a resolution?

Thanks
Have the same issue, but hadn't noticed the battery drain - can confirm that I get heavy battery drain also - see screenshot below. You are on stock, I'm modded to the max - to me, that indicates a bug in HTC's 4.3.

I've lost 23% battery in 30 minutes - been having a look at the cause, and it's the old /system/bin/mediaserver issue again.... Chewing 33% CPU - media mount scan looping?
lsof <pid> on mediaserver spawning massive amount of threads and ps shows media processes maxing out ram
Anyhoo, one for HTC me thinks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-12-31-23-38-34.png
Views:	83
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	2486517  
***** The only stupid question is the one you do not ask *****

Search FIRST though!

Total members helped out of soft bricks = 17 19

If i have helped you in any way, please hit the thanks button!