5,595,645 Members 45,362 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

MicroSD Not Mounting

Tip us?

andrerickli
Old
(Last edited by andrerickli; 30th December 2013 at 07:46 AM.) Reason: editing title
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default MicroSD Not Mounting

Hello all,

I've searched d2tmo forums and couldn't find an answer for this so decided to start this thread. Ever since updating to Kitkat my d2tmo no longer recognizes my 32gb sd card. It reads fine on the latest 4.3 OTA firmware and my computer can also read it. I'm currently running CM11 nightlies. I have a smaller 8gb card in FAT32 that CM11 is able to read though, but somehow it doesn't recognize the 32gb card. Here's what I've tried so far,
- Formated to FAT32, to ext4 and ext2
- Tried to mount from CWR and TWR
- Used Remo recover and other file recovery software to format my 32gb card.

Please let me know if you have any fixes for this issues.

Thanks,

Perseus71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2316

DONATE TO ME
First format it back to FAT32 on PC. Then please flash another kernel and then try to format the card inside the phone.

andrerickli
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks Perseus

MicroSD is already in FAT32. Interesting that this could be a kernel issue. I'm currently running CM11's latest 3.4.74.

Will look for CM11 compatible kernels and let you know how it goes.

Thanks again

Sent from my SGH-T999 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

andrerickli
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perseus71 View Post
Then please flash another kernel and then try to format the card inside the phone.
Hi Perseus,

I've flashed KToosez's AOSP 4.4.x kernel found here and CM11 is still not recognizing my 32gb SD card. SD card is FAT32. I have also tried to mount it from recovery.

Any other insights?

Thanks,

André

Perseus71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2316

DONATE TO ME
This may seem strange. But try to flash a 4.3 AOSP Rom or better yet 4.2 AOSP Rom with built in Kernel. See what happens in that case ?

NOTE - Since you have got the latest Samsung's 4.3 OTA Bootloader, be careful and Weary when flashing Roms. You don't want to accidentally try to flash an older bootloader.
The Following User Says Thank You to Perseus71 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

andrerickli
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perseus71 View Post
This may seem strange. But try to flash a 4.3 AOSP Rom or better yet 4.2 AOSP Rom with built in Kernel. See what happens in that case ?

NOTE - Since you have got the latest Samsung's 4.3 OTA Bootloader, be careful and Weary when flashing Roms. You don't want to accidentally try to flash an older bootloader.
Thanks Perseus,

I'm going to try formatting it to extFAT and use dkp's kernel to see if it will recognize the card. I see dkp can recognize 64gb sd cards. Let's see how it goes. I just came from 4.3 AOSP and TW and want to enjoy using Kitkat for a bit longer.

Appreciate the insights.

b0b069
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I had remembered seeing somebody having the same problem in the aospa thread. Apparently they erased the card and remounted. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=48901946. You could try messaging the post author for details

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app