5,604,507 Members 45,982 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Loss of touch screen functionality after replacing the Digitizer/AMOLED Screen co

Tip us?

Orio01255
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Loss of touch screen functionality after replacing the Digitizer/AMOLED Screen co

Hey everyone, I hope created this thread in the right place. So I dropped my GS3, cracked the glass, replaced the glass..broke the digitizer in the process, had to replace the digitizer/amoled screen. I just finished doing so and the screen looks great. Unfortunately, now, I don't have any touch functionality on the screen itself. The menu and "back" soft keys work, but not the screen (again, it does display an image, but..yeah..)

I'm really hoping it isn't a hardware issue (a faulty digitizer), but of course, I'm not ruling that out as a possibility. Now, I'm just trying to figure out other potential causes/solutions to the issue.

I've done a factory reset, of course a battery pull, I've booted without the SIM and SD cards, I've disconnected all the ribbons from the Mobo, I'm currently doing a restore from a confirmed working backup. In the event that doesn't work, are there any other possible solutions? Thanks in advance, guys!

Oh, and it's a T-Mobile GS3 (T-999)
CM 10.2 (JB 4.2.2), I believe
Rooted, of course (why wouldn't you? =P)
Unlocked bootloader
CWM Recovery

Orio01255
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Update! I fixed it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orio01255 View Post
Hey everyone, I hope created this thread in the right place. So I dropped my GS3, cracked the glass, replaced the glass..broke the digitizer in the process, had to replace the digitizer/amoled screen. I just finished doing so and the screen looks great. Unfortunately, now, I don't have any touch functionality on the screen itself. The menu and "back" soft keys work, but not the screen (again, it does display an image, but..yeah..)

I'm really hoping it isn't a hardware issue (a faulty digitizer), but of course, I'm not ruling that out as a possibility. Now, I'm just trying to figure out other potential causes/solutions to the issue.

I've done a factory reset, of course a battery pull, I've booted without the SIM and SD cards, I've disconnected all the ribbons from the Mobo, I'm currently doing a restore from a confirmed working backup. In the event that doesn't work, are there any other possible solutions? Thanks in advance, guys!

Oh, and it's a T-Mobile GS3 (T-999)
CM 10.2 (JB 4.2.2), I believe
Rooted, of course (why wouldn't you? =P)
Unlocked bootloader
CWM Recovery
So I actually managed to solve my issue last night by first flashing the original firmware (stock operating system), then doing a factory reset, and voila! I was still able to restore it back to CM10.2 (JB 4.3.1) afterward and all was still well. I hope this helps anyone else who may have encountered the same problem, or will in the future =]

daxecutioner24
Old
Thanks Meter 98
Good work reporting back

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app