5,603,920 Members 40,539 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Flash card readers ?

Tip us?
 
21vm
Old
#1  
21vm's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 137
Posts: 337
Join Date: Jan 2011
Default Flash card readers ?

Hi,

I've just bought a GPad 8.3 and i'd like to transfer photos i make with my Canon 40D, directly or through a card reader on the tablet (Canon use only Compact Flash cards) : do you guys know a way to do it ?? I've searched but with no solution for now...

Thx in advance for your precious help !
 
woody1
Old
#2  
woody1's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 60
Posts: 475
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Atlanta
Quote:
Originally Posted by 21vm View Post
Hi,

I've just bought a GPad 8.3 and i'd like to transfer photos i make with my Canon 40D, directly or through a card reader on the tablet (Canon use only Compact Flash cards) : do you guys know a way to do it ?? I've searched but with no solution for now...

Thx in advance for your precious help !

Get a generic Android OTG cable (very cheap from eBay). Use it to connect directly to your camera. If that doesn't work, for some reason, use the OTG cable with an adapter that will allow a Compact Flash card to plug into a USB port.
The Following User Says Thank You to woody1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
21vm
Old
#3  
21vm's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 137
Posts: 337
Join Date: Jan 2011
ok, thank you, i'll try this
 
woody1
Old
#4  
woody1's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 60
Posts: 475
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Atlanta
Quote:
Originally Posted by 21vm View Post
ok, thank you, i'll try this
If you have't used an OTG cable before, here's how it will work. When you plug in the camera or a compact flash card adapter, the files will appear under /storage/USBstorage (or USBstorage2 , 3, etc.). At that point, you can copy files to or from the connected device using any file manager app.
The Following User Says Thank You to woody1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
21vm
Old
#5  
21vm's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 137
Posts: 337
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody1 View Post
If you have't used an OTG cable before, here's how it will work. When you plug in the camera or a compact flash card adapter, the files will appear under /storage/USBstorage (or USBstorage2 , 3, etc.). At that point, you can copy files to or from the connected device using any file manager app.
Thanks a lot for your help, i'll try this asap.
 
tr0m4tik
Old
#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 11
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody1 View Post
If you have't used an OTG cable before, here's how it will work. When you plug in the camera or a compact flash card adapter, the files will appear under /storage/USBstorage (or USBstorage2 , 3, etc.). At that point, you can copy files to or from the connected device using any file manager app.
Thanks for this too! Never used OTG and I'm planning to do so for the sam reasons. You saved me a search
 
black n white
Old
#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Mar 2013
Do you need to be rooted to do this? I have the GPe and when I connect a flash drive with my OTG cable it doesn't read at all. Even checked in my for manager and it doesn't pop up.

Sent from my LG-V510 using xda app-developers app
 
woody1
Old
#8  
woody1's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 60
Posts: 475
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Atlanta
Quote:
Originally Posted by black n white View Post
Do you need to be rooted to do this? I have the GPe and when I connect a flash drive with my OTG cable it doesn't read at all. Even checked in my for manager and it doesn't pop up.

Sent from my LG-V510 using xda app-developers app
OTG doesn't work on a GPE. You'll need an app to make it work.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

WinDroid HTC Toolkit Lets You Root, Unlock, and Flash ROMs on Various HTC Devices

Plenty of users nowadays have more than one mobile device. … more

When Using GitHub, Don’t Skimp on Commit History

GitHub has become the epicenter of most open source development work that is posted … more

Verizon Droid DNA to Receive 4.4.2 KitKat + Sense 5.5 OTA This Thursday

The HTC Droid DNAis Verizon’s close cousin to the JapaneseHTC … more

Lucid Browser is Small, Lightweight, and Open Source

If there is one application category that certainly isn’t lacking in Android,and … more