Flash card readers ?

Tip us?

21vm
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 137
Default Flash card readers ?

Hi,

I've just bought a GPad 8.3 and i'd like to transfer photos i make with my Canon 40D, directly or through a card reader on the tablet (Canon use only Compact Flash cards) : do you guys know a way to do it ?? I've searched but with no solution for now...

Thx in advance for your precious help !

woody1
Old
Thanks Meter 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by 21vm View Post
Hi,

I've just bought a GPad 8.3 and i'd like to transfer photos i make with my Canon 40D, directly or through a card reader on the tablet (Canon use only Compact Flash cards) : do you guys know a way to do it ?? I've searched but with no solution for now...

Thx in advance for your precious help !

Get a generic Android OTG cable (very cheap from eBay). Use it to connect directly to your camera. If that doesn't work, for some reason, use the OTG cable with an adapter that will allow a Compact Flash card to plug into a USB port.
The Following User Says Thank You to woody1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

21vm
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 137
ok, thank you, i'll try this

woody1
Old
Thanks Meter 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by 21vm View Post
ok, thank you, i'll try this
If you have't used an OTG cable before, here's how it will work. When you plug in the camera or a compact flash card adapter, the files will appear under /storage/USBstorage (or USBstorage2 , 3, etc.). At that point, you can copy files to or from the connected device using any file manager app.
The Following User Says Thank You to woody1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

21vm
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody1 View Post
If you have't used an OTG cable before, here's how it will work. When you plug in the camera or a compact flash card adapter, the files will appear under /storage/USBstorage (or USBstorage2 , 3, etc.). At that point, you can copy files to or from the connected device using any file manager app.
Thanks a lot for your help, i'll try this asap.

tr0m4tik
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody1 View Post
Thanks for this too! Never used OTG and I'm planning to do so for the sam reasons. You saved me a search

black n white
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Do you need to be rooted to do this? I have the GPe and when I connect a flash drive with my OTG cable it doesn't read at all. Even checked in my for manager and it doesn't pop up.

Sent from my LG-V510 using xda app-developers app

woody1
Old
Thanks Meter 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by black n white View Post
Do you need to be rooted to do this? I have the GPe and when I connect a flash drive with my OTG cable it doesn't read at all. Even checked in my for manager and it doesn't pop up.

Sent from my LG-V510 using xda app-developers app
OTG doesn't work on a GPE. You'll need an app to make it work.