5,594,805 Members 36,974 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How Did You Extend Your Battery Life?

Tip us?
 
ortind200
Old
#11  
Account currently disabled - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 192
Join Date: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adryanxxx View Post
Try to change that annoying 3 buttons in settings > interface...
what do u mean by "Try to change that annoying 3 buttons in settings > interface"... do you mean that its difficult to remove those 3 sodt keys?
 
Adryanxxx
Old
(Last edited by Adryanxxx; 29th December 2013 at 06:45 AM.)
#12  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 16
Join Date: Jun 2010
No, it's simple if you have hardware buttons and don't want soft buttons, just try to search in settings or search in CyanogenMod support on their official site.
 
ortind200
Old
(Last edited by ortind200; 29th December 2013 at 04:35 PM.)
#13  
Account currently disabled - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 192
Join Date: Oct 2013
i see. i'll try that. its just that theyre so annoying. i dont understand how ppl can stand those buttons at the bottom of their screen knowing that they take up vital screen space.. very weird.
 
Daoiod
Old
#14  
Daoiod's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 25
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Oxnard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ortind200 View Post
i see. i'll try that. its just that theyre so annoying. i dont understand how ppl can stand those buttons at the bottom of their screen knowing that they take up vital screen space.. very weird.
You can make the argument that the Galaxy S3's screen is TOO big, and that having those buttons wouldn't really matter.

Personally, I just upgraded from a myTouch 4G, which has a 3.8 inch display. That phone was much easier to use with one hand and a whole inch really makes a difference. I find that I have too much room on my S3.

Regarding your original questions, I do a couple things to extend my battery life:

- Keep the brightness ALL the way down when I'm inside. The display is probably the most battery sucking component.
- I use Tasker and it that knows when to turn my wifi on when I'm at home, or turn auto brightness on when a certain light level is met. Stuff like that.
- Use Greenify to hibernate most of my apps when I'm not actively using them.
 
ortind200
Old
(Last edited by ortind200; 30th December 2013 at 04:32 AM.)
#15  
Account currently disabled - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 192
Join Date: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daoiod View Post
You can make the argument that the Galaxy S3's screen is TOO big, and that having those buttons wouldn't really matter.

Regarding your original questions, I do a couple things to extend my battery life:

- Keep the brightness ALL the way down when I'm inside. The display is probably the most battery sucking component.
- I use Tasker and it that knows when to turn my wifi on when I'm at home, or turn auto brightness on when a certain light level is met. Stuff like that.
- Use Greenify to hibernate most of my apps when I'm not actively using them.
but having a larger screen does matter, otherwise there wouldnt be such a big demand for larger phones to type and see videos and stuff with greater ease. so having those annoying buttons is completely unnecessary as any S3 user with a history of previously owned smaller screened phones can attest. matter of fact i'm thinking of buying a note 3 or wait for the S5 which will have a 5.25 inch screen.

i'm not yet rooted but will be soon. i never get round to do it. but its a nust and on my to do list. i want to greenify my phone to freeze apps from sucking out more battery and memory than is needed. after i root my phone i'll try out CM 10.2 as long as those stupid soft buttons arent in the way. the dev that created CM 10.2 must be really ignorant not to have eliminated them or at least given the option to remove them.
 
Daoiod
Old
#16  
Daoiod's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 25
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Oxnard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ortind200 View Post
but having a larger screen does matter, otherwise there wouldnt be such a big demand for larger phones to type and see videos and stuff with greater ease. so having those annoying buttons is completely unnecessary as any S3 user with a history of previously owned smaller screened phones can attest. matter of fact i'm thinking of buying a note 3 or wait for the S5 which will have a 5.25 inch screen.

i'm not yet rooted but will be soon. i never get round to do it. but its a nust and on my to do list. i want to greenify my phone to freeze apps from sucking out more battery and memory than is needed. after i root my phone i'll try out CM 10.2 as long as those stupid soft buttons arent in the way. the dev that created CM 10.2 must be really ignorant not to have eliminated them or at least given the option to remove them.
It's all preference.

Those buttons AREN'T there in CM 10.2 for the S3 (I'm using the stable version), so don't worry.
 
ortind200
Old
#17  
Account currently disabled - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 192
Join Date: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daoiod View Post
It's all preference.

Those buttons AREN'T there in CM 10.2 for the S3 (I'm using the stable version), so don't worry.
its about demand. thats why samsung is #1 now while apple isnt anymore.

thank god those dumb buttons arent there for the s3. i'll try the stable version.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


TRENDING IN THEMER...