XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

My experience. Is there a fix?

Tip us?

Written
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Default My experience. Is there a fix?

Today my Z1 arrived. Let me start on a positive note!

Viewing angles are fine. I can read text from any angle, yes, colour definition is lost but it's no concern.

I don't get a yellow hue. Whites are perfect, even compared my partners note 3. Performance is beautiful. Design is beautiful, when properly executed. This is where my positivity ends..

The screen is not perfectly flush on the upper right hand of the screen. You can feel the sharp edge and you can feel it pressing down when you press the screen in that area. This is a waterproof phone.. Wtf?

It arrived today. Should I return to my network and ask for an exchange?

It's a shame. I can see a major love affair starting with this device. I clearly have a faulty device. Hope this is not the norm!

Happy new year ladies and gentlemen! Thanks for any insight you can give!

Sent from my C6903 using xda app-developers app

Running CleanRom & M-Kernel

C903 running iHackers 2.1 LB

Retired : LG Optimus 2X / Galaxy Note N7000

TagEHeuer
Old
Thanks Meter 66

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Written View Post
Today my Z1 arrived. Let me start on a positive note!

Viewing angles are fine. I can read text from any angle, yes, colour definition is lost but it's no concern.

I don't get a yellow hue. Whites are perfect, even compared my partners note 3. Performance is beautiful. Design is beautiful, when properly executed. This is where my positivity ends..

The screen is not perfectly flush on the upper right hand of the screen. You can feel the sharp edge and you can feel it pressing down when you press the screen in that area. This is a waterproof phone.. Wtf?

It arrived today. Should I return to my network and ask for an exchange?

It's a shame. I can see a major love affair starting with this device. I clearly have a faulty device. Hope this is not the norm!

Happy new year ladies and gentlemen! Thanks for any insight you can give!

Yeah get a replacement, with the money you've paid it should be perfect. Anyone who says different is being silly.

I actively donate to people who are helpful towards others and myself. Be it a small amount or a large amount. I will try my best to thank you with a donation.

Written
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Thanks tag, Xda never sleeps!.

I won't be taking any other handset, now I know this isn't the norm I'll get a replacement.

I wish this hadn't happened. Other than the sharp edge of the top left hand side of the screen rubbing into my finger I've never felt a device so complete.

No problems with the display, touch sensitivity or the screen lock that others report. Just a shame I seem to have a genuine manufacturing error.

Other than the colour fade, even extreme angles are perfectly legible.

Thanks all for the insights so far!

Running CleanRom & M-Kernel

C903 running iHackers 2.1 LB

Retired : LG Optimus 2X / Galaxy Note N7000

TagEHeuer
Old
Thanks Meter 66

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Written View Post
Thanks tag, Xda never sleeps!.

I won't be taking any other handset, now I know this isn't the norm I'll get a replacement.

I wish this hadn't happened. Other than the sharp edge of the top left hand side of the screen rubbing into my finger I've never felt a device so complete.

No problems with the display, touch sensitivity or the screen lock that others report. Just a shame I seem to have a genuine manufacturing error.

Other than the colour fade, even extreme angles are perfectly legible.

Thanks all for the insights so far!

It's a pleasure, like I said with the amount of money you're paying, if it isn't perfect to begin with you should get a replacement. I wouldn't expect anything less for a 500 phone.

I actively donate to people who are helpful towards others and myself. Be it a small amount or a large amount. I will try my best to thank you with a donation.