5,604,686 Members 34,992 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] N7105 No IMEI with 4.3 firmware

Tip us?

HKcow
Old
(Last edited by HKcow; 1st January 2014 at 01:44 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default [Q] N7105 No IMEI with 4.3 firmware

Dear all,

I have searched the web and flashed my phone for over 20 times in order to fix it after my serious mistake, I got no clue and decided to ask for help here. My phone is N7105 bought in Hong Kong. I would try to describe my issue using the fewest words...

- How things happen
1, I downloaded the latest 4.3 TGY firmware from sammobile, flashed it using mobile odin pro as I want to keep the root. After that I cannot connect wifi. Searching the web revealed that this is due to the old bootloader issue as BL did not update if flash by mobile odin.
2, Biggest mistake here. I know I should try to flash the firmware again by PC odin. However as I was not able to have a PC access yesterday I decided to see if some quick fix can help. I found a wifi fix in XDA (wifi_fix_for_MJ2.rar). I know it is for N7100 not N7105, but as It stated it is a fix I though nothing harm (very wrong!!!) and flashed it. After that my phone got the wifi back but have IMEI damaged. The phone is not able to reconize my sim after that.
3, I flashed the 4.3 TGY firmware by PC odin after I got back to home. (So the bootloader is 4.3 now). IMEI still cannot be fixed and SIM cannot be read.

- What resolution I have tried
Now I fully understand what's going wrong and I tried the following fix, but they all not working.
A, Using PC odin to flash the latest 4.1.2 firmware. This not working as odin refuse to flash, should be the 4.3 bootloader prevented this.
B, Using PC odin to get root and CWM <- OK. And then got a 4.1.2 firmware in CWM update zip format, put it in ext sd card and flash it in CWM <- OK. My phone seems to downgrad to 4.1.2. IMEI still damaged, no SIM. And phone is unstable (may hang after a while if it put idle, need reboot). Although it is 4.1.2 now I think the BL is still 4.3, as I still can't flash any 4.1.2 firmware by PC odin. And everytime I flash 4.1.2 firmware by PC odin it will appear fail on screen, and also render my phone dead. My phone would then cannot boot up and require to flash a 4.3 firmware again...
C, Tried to use Kie firmware restore feature. It flashed the 4.3 firmware but can't fix the IMEI issue.
D, Tried the EFS Professional but I don't know how to use it as I don't have a EFS backup before.
E, I got a param.bin from a thread of XDA (not sure if it is a good one or not, but the writer said it is for N7105). I flashed it using PC odin, status unchanged. (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...37774079208057)

- What help I am seeking for
1, Any EFS backup from you for N7105 which I can try? Maybe I can edit my own IMEI no. inside it?
2, Any way to restore the EFS data from flash?
3, Anyway to get back to a true 4.1.2 BL such that I can free to use PC odin to try different 4.1.2 rom? Currently I can only try to obtain CWM zip rom and it did not help.
4, Any other way which you can suggest?

Thank you so much for reading my help request...

sawdoctor
Old
Thanks Meter 699
This thread might help im not sure
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1946915

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to sawdoctor For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

HKcow
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawdoctor View Post
This thread might help im not sure
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1946915

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Yes, it helped!

I searched this thread before but it was intended for I9305 but not N7105, so I did not apply the fix before. But the file Param_Bin_I9305.tar turn out worked for N7105!

Still if there is a way to downgrade my BL to 4.1.2 I am very much appreciated.