XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] stuck in download mode... rooted SCH-i545 with MK2

Tip us?

stealyourdigits
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] stuck in download mode... rooted SCH-i545 with MK2

I'm pretty new to this... I had my Verizon Galaxy S4 with MK2 build rooted and tried to install a ROM using GooManager. Now my phone is stuck in download mode. I've been searching for a stock MK2 recovery to use with Odin but haven't been able to find one. I also backed up my phone using SafeStrap and sent those files to my computer before I did this... is there any way I can restore using those files from my computer? I tried using them on Odin but it says the md5's are invalid. Any help would be appreciated...

decaturbob
Old
Thanks Meter 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by stealyourdigits View Post
I'm pretty new to this... I had my Verizon Galaxy S4 with MK2 build rooted and tried to install a ROM using GooManager. Now my phone is stuck in download mode. I've been searching for a stock MK2 recovery to use with Odin but haven't been able to find one. I also backed up my phone using SafeStrap and sent those files to my computer before I did this... is there any way I can restore using those files from my computer? I tried using them on Odin but it says the md5's are invalid. Any help would be appreciated...
I suggest read some postings next couple of days....This kind of issue has been killed to death. You just can't install any rom u want...especially with goo manager. If u search... should find a stock image for mk2 to use with odin...educate yourself on what odin can and can't do.

safestrap enabled, Hyperdrive driven
S4 powered by hashcode 3.71 safestrap HYPERDRIVE 15 by Sbreen94
The Following User Says Thank You to decaturbob For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

stealyourdigits
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by decaturbob View Post
I suggest read some postings next couple of days....This kind of issue has been killed to death. You just can't install any rom u want...especially with goo manager. If u search... should find a stock image for mk2 to use with odin...educate yourself on what odin can and can't do.

I have since found the stock image for MK2 and I'm in the process of downloading it. I appreciate the reply

decaturbob
Old
Thanks Meter 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by stealyourdigits View Post
I have since found the stock image for MK2 and I'm in the process of downloading it. I appreciate the reply
Too many people are messing their S4 phones up...A couple dozen everyday we see here in xda.

k1mu
Old
Thanks Meter 1236

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by decaturbob View Post
Too many people are messing their S4 phones up...A couple dozen everyday we see here in xda.

Yeah, I tried to write a sticky that could help avoid at least some of these, but apparently the moderators didn't approve.
Yeah, there's a lot of threads with people that somehow managed the dozens of other posts by people who tried to use Goo Manager to flash custom recovery and failed.

But in the end, the lack of clear, up-front guidance that you can't flash custom recovery means that we'll continue to see people flashing the wrong thing. All we can do is to tell them how they screwed up.
My Android devices:
vzw Samsung Galaxy S4 stock MJ7, now rooted!
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, also stock but rooted.

VZ Droid Incredible 2 rooted but otherwise stock.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to k1mu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

decaturbob
Old
Thanks Meter 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by k1mu View Post
Yeah, I tried to write a sticky that could help avoid at least some of these, but apparently the moderators didn't approve.
Yeah, there's a lot of threads with people that somehow managed the dozens of other posts by people who tried to use Goo Manager to flash custom recovery and failed.

But in the end, the lack of clear, up-front guidance that you can't flash custom recovery means that we'll continue to see people flashing the wrong thing. All we can do is to tell them how they screwed up.
I know you tried. I'm not sure why moderator didn't oblige your request. As long as people don't want to research wtf they are doing...we will keep seeing the errors repeated time and time again. Amazing to me the foolishness. Anyway there is always next year!!