5,605,519 Members 45,068 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Rumrunner problem

Tip us?
 
bara.h
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 6
Join Date: Nov 2013
Default [Q] Rumrunner problem

I'm having a little problem to S-OFF my HTC One S with rumrunner. When my phone reboots the second time into bootloader, it says:
FATAL: Download updated package at rumrunner's website.I read that I had to turn off my firewall and disable the anti virus but even after doing so, the problem is still there. Anybody a suggestion ?
The Following User Says Thank You to bara.h For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
attelaut
Old
#2  
Member
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 38
Join Date: Jul 2012
Try rumrunner with Ubuntu. It worked on the first try for me. Live CD or USB drive should work.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
 
chc31
Old
#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 256
Posts: 798
Join Date: Feb 2012
You mean the ubuntu package or in a ubuntu device? Isn't that like trying to run an ios program on Windows?
Previous Devices!

Sony Ericssons W580i>C510a>Xperia X1>HTC Sensation 4G

Elegancia 3.6.0
Bricked Kernel
2300 mAh ebay battery
 
attelaut
Old
#4  
Member
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 38
Join Date: Jul 2012
Ubuntu is an operating system for PC. If you're familiar with any Linux then you can use it instead of Ubuntu. When you have a working installation of Linux or live CD / USB drive, run rumrunner in it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
 
chc31
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 256
Posts: 798
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by attelaut View Post
Ubuntu is an operating system for PC. If you're familiar with any Linux then you can use it instead of Ubuntu. When you have a working installation of Linux or live CD / USB drive, run rumrunner in it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Not familiar at all.. thanks, but any other way?
Previous Devices!

Sony Ericssons W580i>C510a>Xperia X1>HTC Sensation 4G

Elegancia 3.6.0
Bricked Kernel
2300 mAh ebay battery
 
chc31
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 256
Posts: 798
Join Date: Feb 2012
Bump?
Previous Devices!

Sony Ericssons W580i>C510a>Xperia X1>HTC Sensation 4G

Elegancia 3.6.0
Bricked Kernel
2300 mAh ebay battery
 
cyberusman
Old
#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 105
Join Date: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by attelaut View Post
Try rumrunner with Ubuntu. It worked on the first try for me. Live CD or USB drive should work.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Will you have to install the linux adb drivers before running rumrunner?
 
attelaut
Old
#8  
Member
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 38
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberusman View Post
Will you have to install the linux adb drivers before running rumrunner?
There's no need to install drivers on Ubuntu since the drivers should be integrated to Linux kernel. Just download rumrunner and follow the instructions. Remember to turn on root access for ADB in developer settings and run rumrunner as root user (sudo...).
 
cyberusman
Old
#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 105
Join Date: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by attelaut View Post
There's no need to install drivers on Ubuntu since the drivers should be integrated to Linux kernel. Just download rumrunner and follow the instructions. Remember to turn on root access for ADB in developer settings and run rumrunner as root user (sudo...).
I tried it on windows and it worked the first time.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Android App Review: Auto Config Free – XDA Developer TV

In this weeks episode of XDA Xposed Tuesday, we talked about customization of … more

Cloupload is a Beautiful and Fully Functional CloudApp Client for Android

If you’re a Mac OS X user who frequently uploads screenshots, … more

Microsoft Finally Brings Remote Desktop to Windows Phone

You may recall that back in October of last year, Microsoft released itsofficial … more

SideControl Gains New Powers through Xposed

You may recall that a little overa month ago, we first talked about SideCutsby XDA Forum … more