XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to S-OFF EVO V?

Tip us?

yuppicide
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default How to S-OFF EVO V?

I've got my bootloader unlocked. I tried to get a KitKat rom installed, but no luck. I followed a bunch of steps from one of the threads here. It has me use ADB and TWRP. It says S-OFF is optional.

I can get all the way through flashing a rom, but when I reboot it's not there.. just my stock Android 4.0.3 that came with my phone.

Maybe S-OFF is needed? But I can't get S-OFF to work.. I didn't want to do the wire trick. I have software from here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2436217

It says check best method. But in there my bootloader version is not listed.. 1.58. I tried more than one S-OFF software with no luck. One of them was Revolutionary which required it to be 2.15 or 2.16.

What to do?

jlmancuso
Old
Thanks Meter 2174

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by yuppicide View Post
I've got my bootloader unlocked. I tried to get a KitKat rom installed, but no luck. I followed a bunch of steps from one of the threads here. It has me use ADB and TWRP. It says S-OFF is optional.

I can get all the way through flashing a rom, but when I reboot it's not there.. just my stock Android 4.0.3 that came with my phone.

Maybe S-OFF is needed? But I can't get S-OFF to work.. I didn't want to do the wire trick. I have software from here:

It says check best method. But in there my bootloader version is not listed.. 1.58. I tried more than one S-OFF software with no luck. One of them was Revolutionary which required it to be 2.15 or 2.16.

What to do?
This is the wrong device thread. This is htc evo 4g not evo 3d/evo v.

But I will tell you the wire trick is safe and easy if you run it from Ubuntu. You dont even have to install Ubuntu you can run it from a cd and that method has resulted in 0 bricks. The windows version has had a few bricks so it is not recommended.

Fyi only htc ics roms will run on hboot 1.58. Gingerbread sense and all aosp require older hboots and you can not downgrade hboots unless you get s-off.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Jlmancuso

HTC Og Evo, Evo 3d, kyocera torque and Note II all cloned on cricKet

toplist
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by yuppicide View Post

What to do?
Is there a link for the KitKat rom you tried to install?

jlmancuso
Old
Thanks Meter 2174

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by toplist View Post
Is there a link for the KitKat rom you tried to install?
@toplist the post is from a htc evo v/evo 3d user his kitkat rom will not work with the og ev which is what I would assume you are one.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Jlmancuso

HTC Og Evo, Evo 3d, kyocera torque and Note II all cloned on cricKet