XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

questions about 4.3 and the new bootloader

Tip us?

mojorisin7178
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 72
Default questions about 4.3 and the new bootloader

So I have the 4.3 update. I know I can still root the phone and I can still install twrp and that doing so will trip the Knox counter. (I don't care about that) but I really want.to start using aokp again stock is killing me. But I have heard that the new bootloader is not for aosp roms it is for tw roms. So has anyone successfully installed the new aokp Kitkat on the note2 from 4.3? I have asked both roman and white whitehawkx and both do not know. I gave my d2tmo to my friend but it is on its.last legs so he might.not use it.if.he doesn't I will use it as a guinea pig to see what happens. If anyone has an opinion let.me know please stock is driving.me crazy.
Current Device:

Tmobile Galaxy Note 2 T889
TWRP 2.3.1.2
Stock TMO rom (for now till we get AOKP or any AOSP rom)

Previous devices:

Tmobile Samsung Galaxy s2 T989
TWRP 2.2.0
AOKP JB milestone 1

Tmobile g2x
CWM touch
AOKP milestone 5
Daily driver Eaglesblood ICS

Acer A200
CWM 5.5
Stock ROM ICS

bpun
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I think it really depends on the rom/aokp base. The OP will normally state the bootloader requirement if it needs to be from Jellybean, unlocked & etc.. You can always make a full backup and try it yourself to see if it works or not, not much to loose aside from time
The Following User Says Thank You to bpun For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Coug76
Old
Thanks Meter 432
You should read some of the aosp based rom threads in original dev and see what the kids are saying about it.

They have more invested in the subject than the general GN2 user base.

Hastily spouted for your befuddlement
The Following User Says Thank You to Coug76 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]